Due to the high number of fires in each State, we are breaking them down once again. Here are fires occurring in the State of Idaho.
Wildfire returned to burned area on the Clearwater Complex / Lawyer Fire scorched area. [Courtesy: Inciweb]
Southeastern portion of St. Joe Ranger District. Start 8/11/15. Lightning. 3 separate wildfires managed together.134 Personnel. 5148 Acres.
- Marble Fire
- Breezy Fire
- Crater Fire
BLUE FIRE: Start 6/27/15. Lightning. 4 miles SE of Dixie. 336 Acres. 90% Contained.
BOBCAT FIRE: 15 miles north of Salmon, ID on the Salmon-Cobalt Ranger District. Start 8/14/15 @ 1600 hours. Lightning. 33 Personnel. 237 Acres. 90% contained. Firefighters continue to look for hot spots.
CLARK FORK COMPLEX:
Pumpkin filling [Water filling]. [Courtesy: Inciweb]
6 miles NE and 9 mi. S of Clark Fork, Idaho; 5 mi. N of Noxon, MT. Start 8/13/15. Lightning. 370 Personnel. 14,965 Acres.
- Scotchman Peak: IDP
- Whitetail Fire: IDP
- Marten Creek Fire: IDP
- Sawtooth Fire: KNF
- Napoleon Fir: KNF
- Government Fire: KNF
IDP = Idaho Panhandle. KNF = Kootenai National Forest
CLEARWATER-MUNICIPAL-MOTORWAY N COMPLEX:
Clearwater Complex: Most of the Complex is adjacent to Kamiah, ID. Other fire locations are in the vicinity of Kooskia, Craigmont, Ruebens, Greer, Woodland, and Harrisburg. Start 8/10/15. Lightning. 607 Personnel. 67,992 Acres. 75% contained.
Municipal Complex-Jay Point-Boulder Fires:
TN Firefighters on the Clark Fork Complex Fire. [Credit: Bill Rosch]
Numerous fires 10 miles east of Kooskia, 4 miles east of Pierce, 1 mile north of Syringa. Start 8/14/15. Lightning. 574 Personnel. 82,956 total Acres. 75% contained.
- Jay Point Fire : 1.5 mi W of Powell, 1 mi downriver from Powell Power Station on the Clearwater NF. Detected 8/17/15. Dry Lightning caused. Jay Point Lkout has been burned. 106 Personnel. 3753 Acres. 10% contained.
- Woodrat Fire: 1 mile N and W of the community of Syringa. Start 8/14/15. Lightning caused. 5140 Acres.
- Lawyer 2 Fire: 41,915 Acres. 60% Contained.
- Municipal Fire: 1770 Acres. 90% Contained.
- Fisher Fire: 18,889 Acres. 90% Contained.
- Green Fire: 1028 Acres. 0% Contained.
- Lolo Fire: 6200 Acres. 60% Contained.
- Old Greer Fire: 73 Acres. 97% Contained.
- Pete Forks Fire: 5300 Acres. 0% Contained.
Firefighters in Mop-up Operations mode on the Rapid Fire. [Courtesy: Inciweb]
- Mussellshell Creek Fire: 788 Acres. 40% Contained.
- LostHat Fire: 65 Acres. 0% Contained.
- Footrot Fire: 108 Acres. 0% Contained.
- Yoosa Fire: 313 Acres. 0% Contained.
- Snowy Summit Fire: 5134 Acres. 0% Contained.
COUGAR FIRE: 3 mi SW of Warm Lake and 20 mi NE of Cascade. Start 8/13/15 Lightning. 162 Personnel. 1237 Acres. 92% Contained.
AZ Medics on the Clark Fork Complex. [Credit: Bill Rosch]
ELEVEN MILE FIRE: 17 mi W of Challis, in the Yankee Fork Drainage in the Challis-Yankee For Ranger Dist on the Salmon Challis NF. Start 8/24/15. Lightning. 383. Personnel. 9,641 Acres. 3% contained.
GRIZZLY COMPLEX: In the North Fork of the Coeur d’Alene River drainage, near Grizzly Peak. Consists 16 fires in Complex. Start 8/10/15. Lightning. 183 Personnel. 16,232 Acres.
LARKIN COMPLEX: 30 miles northeast of Pierce. Start 8/17/15. Lightning. Consists of 14 fires. 4993 Acres. Active fires in this complex are listed below:
- Snow Creek Fire: 2300 Acres
- Wolf 2 Fire: 981 Acres.
- Heather Fire: 1368 Acres.
Kmax Helicopter Working Bull River Area on the Clark Fork Complex. [Credit: Peter Hammond, Photographer]
- Minnesaka Fire: 226 Acres.
- Roaring Fire: 102 Acres.
- Platinum Fire: Start 8/29/15. 4 Acres.
LAST INCH FIRE: Start 8/12/15 by Lightning. 12 mi E of Clarkia. 97 Personnel. 712 Acres. 56% Contained.
LOCHSA SOUTH COMPLEX: Start 8/15/15. Lightning. South side of the Lochsa River drainage from Warm Springs to the Selway River. Consists of 12 fires.8/15/15. Lightning.
- Sponge Fire: 3000 Acres. Threatening Gold Meadows Cabins and Fish Lake Airstrip Cabins. Structure protection to go into effect when firefighter safety is reached.
Plume smoke from nearby community of the Wash Fire. [Courtesy: Inciweb]
- Airstrip Fire: 980 Acres.Threatening Gold Meadows Cabins and Fish Lake Airstrip Cabins. Structure protection to go into effect when firefighter safety is reached.
- Grit Fire: 402 Acres.
- Lone Knob Fire: Fire is up drainage approx 1 mi from Wilderness Gateway Campground & an Outfitter area along Hwy 12. 401 Acres. Evacuations in effect.
- Fire Creek: 400 Acres.
Night burnout operations on the Woodrat Fire. [Photo Credit: Kyle Miller, Wyoming IHC]
MIDDLE FORK COMPLEX FIRES: North Fork Ranger District. Start 8/11/15. Lightning. 5199 Acres. Unknown personnel, containment status. Firefighters are patrolling by foot and boat in the corridor. Letting fire burn naturally. .
SELWAY COMPLEX 2015: 4 miles WNW and 7 miles NE of Elk City. Start 8/10/15. Lightning. 283 Personnel. 36,463 Acres.
Portable water tank on the Cougar Fire. [Courtesy: Inciweb]
- Baldy [ID] Fire: 14 Miles WNW of Elk City. Start 8/10/15. Lightning. 289 Personnel. 2340 Acres. 9% contained. Threatening homes in the Elk City area.
- Elk City Fire: 2340 Acres.
- Wash Fire: 8 mi E of Lowell. About 5 mi E of houses on the Selway River. Start 8/13/15. Lightning. 33,775 Acres.
PARKER RIDGE: Top of Parker Ridge, NW of Bonners and 7 mi SW of Porthill. Start 7/29/15. Lightning. 82 Personnel. 6252 Acres. 27% contained.
RAPID FIRE: 2 mi SE of McCall, Idaho, E of Jug Handle Mtn. Start 8/14/15. Lightning. 183 Personnel. 6954 Acres. 40% Contained.
Lone Peak Hotshot Crew on the Rapid Fire. [Courtesy: Inciweb]
7 1/4 mi E of Lowell. 3 mi East of the homes on the Selway River.
Start 8/13/15. 17,154 Acres. Lightning. 148 Personnel. 40% Contained.
RED RIVER COMPLEX: Southern portion of the Red River Ranger District including two Wilderness Areas. Start 8/17/15 Lightning. 11,800 Acres. No # of personnel or containment status. Structure Protection in effect for Cook Ranch, Mallard Creek Ranch, Green Mountain Lookout and Bargamin Creek Bridge. Active Fires in this Complex are:
- Slaughter Fire: 100 – 150 estimated Acres.Located 3.5 miles W of Concord in the Gospel Hump Wilderness. Fire is not staffed at this time.
- Lone Park-Crown Fires: 10,000 Acres. Located S of Magruder Rd [#468]. Has slopped over the rd to N of the vicinity of 14 Mile Trailhead.
- Rattlesnake Fire: 2000 Acres approximately. Has burned upriver to approx to Rattlesnake Point/deeper into Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness.
- Noble Fire: 1000 Acres. Fire moved into S end of Mallard Creek Ranch. Threatening the Cook and Mallard Ranches. Both are Level 3 Evacuations.
Blue Fire Helispot. [Photo Credit: Jim Hammons]
- Little Green Fire: 1500 Acres. Located NW of Green Mountain Lookout.
- Deadwood Fire: 120 Acres. Near Summit Flats. 100% containment. In patrol status.
SCURVY MOUNTAIN FIRE: 28 miles east and northeast of Pierce. Started 8/21/15 @ 1130. Lightning. 381 Acres.
SNOW PEAK COMPLEX: 20 miles Southeast of Avery. Start 8/17/15. Lightning. 1658 Acres. Fire being monitored by aviation resources.
TEPEE SPRINGS FIRE: Located in the area of Tepee Springs and Hazard Creek. 20 mi S of Riggins, Idaho; on E side of Hwy 95. 22 mi NW of McCall and N of Goose Lake. Start 8/12/15 @ 0730. Lightning. 813 Personnel. 30,000 Acres [accurate mapping due to favorable weather conditions]. 25% contained.
ALERT! Community Meeting –> 8/30/15 Sunday @ Riggins HS @ 1800 Hours.
Aerial shot of the Blue Fire. [Photo Credit: Dave Van Natter]
Evacuation Info: ID County Sheriff’s Office. 800-922-9141 or Adams County Sheriff’s Office. 208-253-4227.
WILDERNESS COMPLEX: Selway-Bitteroot Wilderness. Consists of 8 fires. Start 8/21/15. Lightning. 8 Personnel. 14,900 Acres.
MT Firefighters. [Photo Credit: Dave Van Natter]
- Roll Creek Fire: 7800 Acres.
- Rock Point Fire: 250 Acres.
- Meeker Fire: 2400 Acres.
- Baily Fire: 1500 Acres.
- Army Mule Fire: 2100 Acres.
- Wahoo Fire: 650 Acres.
Thank you for reading our blog and engaging with us. You can also follow us here, on Facebook, Twitter [@nwfireblog] and Flickr.
Thanks for what you are doing out there and be Safe wherever your journeys make take you.
[c] 2015 The NW Fire Blog
Disclaimer: WE do not lay claim to the rights of the #FireImages posted in our blog but have credited each Photographer and the Sources obtained as best as we can.