Near Red Lodge, MT [in the Billings, MT area]
Fire Summary | Located 2 miles SW of Red Lodge, Montana [MT]. 600 acres. Started 3/28/15 1230 MT. Cause is Unknown/Under Investigation. 0% containment.
Weather Conditions | 80 degrees. Dry. Windy.
Command Staff | To transition over to Type 3 IMT on Sunday.
Resources On Scene | 60 personnel. Red Lodge Fire Rescue & Custer Gallatin NF. Additional 2 Type11 Initial Attack Crews ordered. The fire event will transition over to a Type 3 Incident on Sunday morning.
Equipment | 13 Engines. 3 Tactical Water Tenders. 3 Graders | 2 TypeII Initial Attack Crews ordered. Communications team on scene and at the Repeater site.
Challenges | Command Post was delayed due to an inoperable generator. Logistics Team was able to locate additional replacements.
Current Hazards | Power lines down on Lonesome Pine across the roadway, approximately 150-200 feet from the first residence on this street. Utility company requested to shut off power to this residence. | Fire truck drove over it with their engine and was shaken up a bit, but all are doing fine.
Potential Exposures | 30 structures threatened. Evacuations currently lifted. Were evacuated as precautionary but no longer. | Charlie Yeagan’s home on Lonesome Pine Rd has been under structure protection, as of 1752 Hours PST, more resources are being dispatched to protect his house. Previous reports indicated 500 yards E of his home were charred and the fire running up the hillside near the NE side of his home.
Traffic Alerts | At Junction West Fork Rd & Ski Run Rd is closed. | Locals can go beyond closure but with permission/escort. | Ski Run Rd is open. | Ski Area is anticipated to be open on Sunday. | Westbound/Eastbound Hwy10 has a roadblock.
Twitter Feed [ours] | In Pacific Daylight Team [PDT]
- 1556 | 50-100 ac. Wind-driven fire, burning timber, grass, sagebrush
- 1557 | 0 Structures threatened. | To do a relief/rotation at 1700PST
- 1558 | Command Trailer has arrived @ Westbound Rest area
- 1559 | Radio communications team arrived, setting up at Repeater site
- 1603 | 20 personnel, 100 ac, started early afternoon
- 1607 | MT DOT just shut down 78 & 421 / road block #TrafficAlert
- 1610 |Columbus Command to Stillwater Dispatch: Fire crowning at Tulley | Residents are not leaving, though
#Firefighters have advised staying
- 1614 | W Fork Rock Crk, along Nicholas Crk |
#Wildfire | Current #fireimages Courtesy @inciweb
- 1616 | Delay in getting the Command Trailer due to inoperable generator.
- 1624 | PineCrest & Hwy10 |
#Wildfire | Fire is heading S to E towards Prarie Dog town, 1 mi away.
- 1625 | Fire has surrounded the Yeagan place at the end of Lonesome Pine Rd,
#Firefighters + 1 road grader are being dispatched to house on Lonesome Pine Rd
- 1626 | Relief unit [32-6] to rotate at roadblk @ Pine Creek & Hwy10
- 1627 | PineCrest & Hwy10 |
#Wildfire | 2 road graders are @ Pinecrest Rd/ in staging, other 1 being redeployed
- 1631 | On Lonesome Pine Rd prop is charred in places, fire going up hillside on NE side of property
- 1632 | Yeagan’s house/Lonesome Pine Rd |
#Firefighters to try to help save home, wrkng w/Homeowner | CP/IC located at: Westbound Rest area |
- 1634 | Fire heading towards the Highway [10 ].
#Firefighter resources being redeployed.
- 1644 | Fire at [Springtime?] is kicking back up, flames visible
- 1647 | 2nd Fire called “Springtime” is at Hwy10. E210: “Fire pushing hard into trees, doesnt know if can stop from crossing highway.
- 1653 | 2nd Fire called “Springtime” is at Hwy10. | Doesnt think can stop from going over the roadway.
- 1654 | 2nd Fire called “Springtime” is at Hwy10. E210 at the
#SpringtimeFire, E246 at the #HolmgrenFire
- 1655 | Flames at the
#Springtime East exit, 3 power poles down. | A unit is checking it now
- 1656 | Res @ 199 Pinecrest Rd refusing to leave residence.
#Fire Command will let him “be”.
- 1706 | Red Lodge Ski area was evac’d earlier as precautionary, is now reopened to local residents
- 1707 | DOT and Fire seem to be sparring about
#Traffic issues in the area. DOT says needs to do it, Fire says Hazard
- 1707 | MT DOT demanding Hwy 510 Westbound be open, Eastbound closed.
#FireCommand says Ok
- 1708 | 10feet only between the east/westbound lanes. Fire says will be
#TrafficSafety issue @ Pike/9th
- 1710 |
#Wildfire being flamed by high winds in the area 1710 PST
- 1712 |
#HolmgrenFire now mopped up. Homeowner to watch the area
- 1715 |
#Holmgren Fire access South of 603 & Hwy 10
- 1717 | WestForkFire | Billings, MT |
#Fire holding traffic at Westbound Hwy510. #DOT rep on Frontage Rd heading to Columbus. Rd still clsd
- 1721 | Report from off-duty Fire/Police member reporting all clear E/Wbound Hwy10 to ParkCity.
- 1827 | Eastbound Hwy10 closed. Westbound, open.
- 1828 | Command trying to obtain 50+ lunches for crews.
Want to know more what’s happening with this Fire Incident? You can follow us on Twitter @nwfireblog and watch our #FireFeed as it posts to our Facebook Page. We’ll be covering this incident for as long as this #wildlandfire is operational.
Thanks for following us! Stay safe out there. Hope to see you on Twitter [@nwfireblog] and on our FaceBook page “The NW Fire Blog]
[c] 2015 The NW Fire Blog