JUNE 13, 2019 – THURSDAY – 2111 HOURS PDT
The SAND FIRE began on June 8th around 1450 hours PDT. The official cause has not been released yet via CAL FIRE, who is the lead fire agency.
It is located about seven miles NNW of Guinida and 92 miles NNE of San Francisco, California.
Fire crews have reached a 95% containment status with the fire scorching 2,512 acres.
There are still 200 fire personnel assigned to this incident along with 5 engines, 3 fire crews, 4 dozers and 4 water tenders
- 7 non-residential structures were destroyed.
- 2 minor firefighter injuries
- Highest amount of fire personnel reached 500 at peak of fire
- Fire jumped Highway 16
- Evacuations were in effect
- Largest wildfire for Northern California
This is our last and final post on this wildfire incident. Thank you to all of you who followed us on live coverage on our Twitter @nwfireblog and visiting us here for our Official posts! We Thank you and hope you are safe whereever you play/work/live. – Ed.
(c) 2019 NW Fire Blog