We appreciate you and hope you stay safe out there.
Thank you for reading our post about this California wildfire.
Follow us for some more great wildfire news and other important updates!
Photo Credit | USFS
STAGECOACH FIRE | Kern County FD
About 9 miles South of Lake Isabella, near Havilah Community
UPDATE 2 | MONDAY (8/10/2020)
- Reported – 8/3/2020, 1529 PT
- Cause – Unknown, under investigation
- Response – Wildfire
- Fuels – Tall brush, tall grass
- Area – Havilah and Piute communities in Kern County. 9 miles south of Lake Isabella.
- Command – Kern County FD (Lead), BLM Fire and Sequoia Forest
- IMT – IMT 2 – CA Team 15
- Incident Cooperators – Kern Co SO, CAL FIRE, Kern HS District, CHP, Liberty Ambulance, CAL OES, Red Cross, CA DOC, San Joaquin and East Kern APCD, Joseph Elft (@MappingSupport)
Photo Credit | Kern FD
- Size/Containment – 7,760 acres
- Containment Status – 77%
- Personnel – 974 total personnel including 30 crews, 33 engines, 9 helicopters.
- Fire Behavior – Min with flanking, creeping and smoldering
- Operations – Firefighters making good press, increased containment achieved daily, construction and reinforcement of fire line in continually progress on eastern and northern edges.
- Mop-up operations in progress to address hot spots.
- Fire Weather – expected high winds on Tuesday afternoon, may increase fire behavior
- Evacuations in progress
Photo Credit | Kern County FD
- Thompson Canyon Area – Includes Caliente Bodfish Rd east to Piute Mtn Rd, from area South of School Street to South of Heritage Way
- Valley Area – Saddles Springs Road/Piute Mtn Road as it goes near Burton Mill, Clear Creek, Cold Spring, Liebel Peak, Piute Peak, Piute Spring, Rocky Point and Saddle Spring
Photo Credit | City of Tehachapi | Photo taken of a helo on August 5th that was seen staged/flying out of the Tehachapi Municipal Airport
- Roads – Thompson Canyon Road east of the cattle guard, approximately .25 mile East of Gossip Rock
- $9 Million Cost-to-date (Fire Suppression/Containment efforts)
- Damages – 5 structures
- Destroyed – 15 structures (habitable), 25 (outbuildings)
- Injuries – 1
Photo Credit | Alert Wildfire | Photo taken on August 4, 2020 as seen from Breckenridge. This is showing a wind shift from NV fire cameras. Amazing….
- Engines – 25
- Helos – 9
- Dozers – 1
- Water Tenders – 14
- Air Tankers – 0
- Crews – 21
- Overhead Personnel – 139
- Total Personnel – 754
- Central CA District – BLM
- Follow US!
- Twitter & Facebook – @nwfireblog
- Instagram – nw fire blog
(c) 2020 NW Fire Blog – Updated 8/10/2020 2055 PT