SIT REP 2 | SEPTEMBER 29, 2020 | WEDNESDAY
A new wildfire is burning in California. The ZOGG FIRE ignited around 1500 hours PT on Sunday, September 27, 2020, off of Zogg Mine Road and Jenny Bird lane, north of Igo in Shasta County, California.
It is now burning about 9 miles southwest of Redding, California.
The cause is unknown and is under investigation.
Fire has destroyed 50,102 acres of grass, oak woodland, chaparral and mixed timber. Additionally, there has been 146 structures that have been lost. There are still 1,538 structures that are threatened.
Fire suppression and containment costs-to-date have reached $1,300,000.
Fire behavior is active with torching with wind-driven runs and long-range spotting.
Firefighters face challenges with steep and rugged terrain while weather has been in the 90’s with persistent hot and dry conditions. In the evening, fire crews have been able to gain somewhat of a better hold on the fire line as winds die down.
Crews are still working tirelessly on gaining containment but currently it is at a zero percent.
There are 982 total personnel along with 23 crews, 7 helicopters, 117 engines, 36 bulldozers and 35 water tenders.
We are saddened by three civilians killed. We send our sincere sympathies to their families, friends and communities.
Both Agencies and organizations that work in support of this fire are the following:
Fire Agencies | CAL FIRE, Happy Valley Fire Protection District, Mountain Gate FPD, Shasta County FD, City of Redding FD, Cottonwood FPD, Weaverville FPD, BLM, USFS, La Verne Firefighters.
Operations | OES.
Infrastructure | PG&E, CAL TRANS, Shasta County Public Works, Sierra Pacific, OES, National and State Parks.
Manpower | CA National Guard Corps, CA Department of Corrections.
Law Enforcement | Shasta County Sheriffs Office, CHP, Tehama County Sheriff Office.
Human Services | Red Cross, World Central Kitchen.
Fire Mapping-Cameras | Alert Wildfire Cameras
Evacuations | Holiday Market, Cottonwood Rodeo Grounds, Haven Humane Society,
Sign-up For alerts | To register for emergency alerts: https://tehamaso.org/tehama-alert/
- Highway 36 at the Humbolt Tehama County line to the intersection of Highway 3 and Highway 36 to Highway 36 and Bowman Rd
- Zone H – All areas north of HWY 36 to the Shasta County Linefrom Vassar Road/Luce Griswald Road and West to Beegum
- Zones C-1, C-2, E, F-1, F-2, E, G
- Temporary Evacuation Point: Holiday Market 3315 Placer St, Redding, CA 96001
- Large animal evacuate center: Cottonwood Rodeo Grounds 3917 Main Street, Cottonwood, CA 96022
- Small animal evacuation center: Haven Humane Society 7449 Eastside Rd, Anderson, CA 96007 (small animals are goats or sheep and smaller.)
To register for emergency alerts: bit.ly/shastacodered
Let your loved ones know you are safe. | Facebook’s The Zogg fire in Shasta County, California, USA.
For updates and more information on traffic control points and road closures, please visit: @ShastaSheriff
- Fire line east to intersection of Placer Rd and Texas Springs Rd. Including all residences on the South and North side of Placer Rd. between Diggins Way and Texas Springs Rd.
- South of South Fork Rd and Zogg Mine Rd South along Gas Point Corridor including all residents along Gas Point Rd to Foster Dr.
- Muletown Rd, from Placer Rd to north of Kanaka Ln, and all roads off of Muletown Rd. Mandatory evacuations have also been issued for Diggins Wy south of Placer and all roads off of Diggins Way.
- Platina Rd west to Tehama County line. Residents evacuate east bound Highway 36
- All areas off and north of Platina Rd from Trinity Alps Preserve to Platina.
- Highway 36 west @ Highway 3
- State Road-36 @ Bowman Rd
- Texas Springs Rd @ Placer Rd
- Gaspoint Rd. @ Foster Rd.
- Clear Creek Rd @ Cloverdale Rd.
CITY OF REDDING
(Source: City of Redding FD)
(c) 2020 NW Fire Blog – Updated 9/29/2020 210 PT