UPDATE 1 | APRIL 10, 2021
A new wildfire has been entered into the CAD system in the Angeles ECC dispatch area on Saturday, April 10th at 1420 hours PT.
It is located in San Fran Canyon on Stater Lane.
It is unknown what resources are gearing up to be deployed to the area, as this is a very new incident.
This is a developing incident.
(c) 2021 NW Fire Blog – 1425 hours PT
A new wildland fire dubbed Hog Fire was started by lightning and was reported on Wednesday, June 17 around 0600 this morning.
The fire is located on the West side of the Peloncillo Mountains in Cochise Arizona in the Coronado National Forest [on Outlaw Mountain]. An aerial map here –> http://www.arcgis.com/apps/PublicInformation/index.html?appid=0c12ac1e89c24075a2be145f4db6caf5&extent=-109.1579,31.4774,-109.0670,31.5262 [courtesy of Wildlandfire.com]
It has scorched up to 200 acres.
There are no structures being threatened at the moment.
Currently, there are 35 personnel on this incident.
Hashtags for this fire are: #AZFire – #HogFire . The last time this hashtag #Hogfire was used in 2011, when a wildland fire was near Mountain Home.
ABOUT THE CORONADO NATIONAL FOREST
The Coronado National Forest is compromised of approximately 1.78M acres spread over two mountain ranges in SE Arizona and SW New Mexico.
It’s acres are located in several counties: Cochise, Graham, Santa Cruz, Pima and Pinal Counties in Arizona and Hildalgo County in New Mexico.
The Coronado National Forest is divided into five ranger districts:
Photo Credit: 2008 Wikipedia/US Forest
- Santa Catalina Ranger District. This is near the City of Tucson including the Santa Catalina and Rincon Moutains.
- Safford Ranger District. Includes five distinct mountain ranges: Pinaleno, Gailiuro, Santa Teresa, Winchester and Greasewood which surround the City of Safford, Arizona.
- Nogales Ranger District. This includes four mountain ranges North and West of Nogales, Arizona: Santa Rita, Tumacacori, Pajarito and San Luis.
- Douglas Ranger District. The Chiricahua, Dragoon and Peloncillo Mountain ranges all are North and East of Douglas, Arizona.
- Sierra Vista Ranger District. Compromised of three mountain ranges: Huachuca, Patagonia and Whetstone, are located West of Sierra Vista, Arizona.
Want to find out more about this great place to visit for hiking, camping and exploring? Check out the USDA Coronado National Forest via their website: https://www.nationalforests.org/our-forests/find-a-forest/coronado-national-forest
[c] 2015 The NW Fire Blog