Firefighters rescued a man and his cat from an east Vancouver apartment fire Tuesday after the man’s neighbor heard the fire alarm and called for help.
The fire sparked in the kitchen of the man’s second-story unit at Park Crest Commons, 14913 S.E. Mill Plain Blvd. in the Cascade Highlands neighborhood.
Julie Husko, 52, who lives in a nearby unit, called 911 at 3:44 p.m. She was returning from walking her dog when she heard a fire alarm.
After putting her dog inside her apartment, she came back out to find her neighbor standing at his open second-story bedroom window, holding his cat. Smoke was coming out of the back of the unit, and the man wasn’t able to open his bedroom door.
“I was about ready to go in and get him out,” Husko said.
After reporting the fire, she checked the man’s front door and didn’t feel any…
View original post 200 more words