Update – August 27, 2021 – Friday
The TWENTY-FIVE MILE FIRE is located about 12 miles northwest of Chelan on the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest in Washington State. This fire started on August 15, 2021.
The cause still remains unknown and under investigation.
The fire’s behavior today is moderate with flanking, torching and smoldering.
About 772 numerous buildings which include communication structures are under threaten prompting evacuations, area and roadway closures.
Command is under the SW Area Team 1’s Alan Sinclair.
- NWS IMET Operations
- East Pierce Fire & Rescue (brush truck, Strike Team Leader)
- CEDR Digital Corps
- Tanker 912 (10 Tanker Air Carrier)
- WA DNR
- Super Scoopers
- Chelan County Emergency Management
LEVEL 3 Evacuations
- For all properties north of Cove Marina on South Lakeshore Road
- The area of Granite Falls road
- First Creek west of Lakeshore
LEVEL 2 Evacuations
- From South from Cove Marina to Morning Sun Drive
LEVEL 1 Evacuations
- Lakeshore Road south of Granite Falls area
There has been 11,116 acres of timber, tall grass and brush have been destroyed, which crews have reached a 24% containment status.
The number of total personnel has been reduced from Wednesday’s report of 611 down to 581with 13 crews, 40 engines and 10 helicopters.
Unfortunately, there have been 11 structures lost with a total cost-to-date fire suppression and containment efforts have increased up to $9.7Million from Wednesday’s $7.1 Million.
(c) 2021 NW Fire Blog