Here is a list of fires that have taken place inside the Bitterot National Forest in Hamilton, Montana.
Prescribed fires intentionally set by fire crews have several purposes:
- Environmental Impacts: Maintains forest health and eco system health.
- Habitats: Improvement for wildlife habitats.
- Food Sources: New food sources for wildlife
- Fire Hazards: Reduces the potential for large and high intensity of wildfires by burning downed fire fuels
- Treatments: Burning post-harvest slash due to thinning and personal use firewood cutting
Two separate locations where the Prescribed Fires had taken place are located in Hamilton, Montana in the Bitteroot National Forest. Specifically located E of Stevensville int he Sapphire Mountains, S of ambrose Saddle, clearing 60 acres of understory.
- Stevensville Ranger District : Covers Haacke Claremont, E of Stevensville in the Sapphire Mountaints, S of Ambrose Saddle.
- Darby Ranger District : Trapper Bunkhouse located SW of Darby neart Hart Bench and Wadle Habitat Improvement, S of Como Lk
[c] 2015 THE NW FIRE BLOG