Hello and Welcome to The NW Fire Blog – Where we cover all Fire News in the NW and Beyond.
Due to the intensity of many wildfires burning across the U.S., we are switching over to wildfires over 10,000 acres as they appear to require more news coverage.
Additionally, we will be including any Large structure fires here in this post as well.
UPDATE | #BeaverCreekFire – Routt NF. 24 mi NW of Walden (Colorado) | 24,491 acres
Start 6/19/2016. Cause unknown and under investigation. Timber and brush. 7% contained.
215 personnel. 3 crews. 15 engines. 1 dozer. 2 helicopters. Being managed on the Medicine Bow – Routt National Forests, BLM Kremmling Field Office, State of Colorado Lands, BLM Rawlins Field Office and Wyoming State Forestry Division & command is a Type 3 IMT.
UPDATE | #SandFire – NB Hwy 14/Sand Canyon Road. Los Angeles County (California) | 22,000 acres.
Started 7/22/2016 @ 1415 hours. Cause is unknown and under investigation.
Some reporting 30,000 acres. 10% contained.
Unified Command with Los Angeles Sheriff’s Office, Angeles NF and Los Angeles Co FD. 1,673 firefighters assigned to this incident. 6 strike teams from LA Co FD
Repopulate order has been rescinded due to increased winds, danger to firefighters and to area residents. All orders remain in effect until further notice.
- Wiliam S Hart HS: 24825 Newhall Ave, Santa Clarita
- Pierce College at 6201 Winnetka Ave
- Woodland Hills is now accepting large animals.
- Hansen Dam has reached capacity of large animals.
- Sierra Hwy at Shady Lane to Sierra Hwy at 14
- Escondido at 14 to Sierra Hwy at 14
- Agua Dulce Canyon Road north to the 14 Freeway
- Crown Valley Road north to the 14 Freeway.
- Soledad Canyon Road between Agua Dulce & Crown Valley
- All residents in Sand Canyon from Lost Canyon to Bear Divide
- All residents in Placerita Canyon from the Nature Center to Sand Canyon
- Little Tujunga from Bear Divide to LA River Ranger District (Station)
- 12371 Little Tujunga Cyn Rd.
- 14 Fwy is closed in both directions from the 5 to Avenue N
Sand Canyon and Soledad Canyon- no entry into Sand Canyon
- No access to Sand Canyon at NB 14 Fwy
- Sand Canyon and Lost Canyon – no traffic into Sand Canyon / Placerita Canyon Rd EB from the 14 Fwy
- Soledad Canyon Road EB from the 14 Fwy
- Agua Dulce Canyon Rd EB from 14 Fwy
- Crown Valley Road eastbound from the 14 Fwy
- Sand Canyon Road East of Placerita Canyon to 12300 Little Tujunga.
- CA Dept of Forestry
- CAL Fire
- San Bernardino Fire
- CA Highway Patrol
- Los Angeles County
- Los Angeles County Sheriff
- Los Angeles County Animal Control
- National Weather Service – San Clarita
- Los Angeles County DEM
- Kern County Fire
- 1500 evacuated
- 18 structures destroyed
- 1 civilian fatality
UPDATE | #SteamboatFire – 10 miles south west of McCarthy (Alaska) | 20,249 acres.
Start 7/15/2016 by lightning. 0% contained. Min fire behavior. Low fire activity and rain over the area.
11 personnel. Firefighters and one heavy helicopter are working this incident.
UPDATE | #HaydenPassFire – 20 miles SE of Salida (Colorado) | 16,520 acres.
Start 7/8/2016 by lightning. 55% contained. Min fire behavior with smoldering and creeping.
196 personnel. Transferred fire to Rocky Mountain Type 2 Blue Team (IMT). 1 small and 1 large helicopters.
UPDATE | #CliffCreek Fire – 5 Miles North of Bondurant (Wyoming) | 16,325 acres.
Start 7/17/2016 by lightning. 10% contained.
16 Crews assigned with resources: Type I Helicopters (Heavy): 4, Type 2 Helicopters and 3 Type 3 Helicopters. 24 engines. 1 dozer. Fire now managed by Great Basin Incident Command Team 7 .
UPDATE | #SoberanesFire – 5 miles South of Carmel and Garrapta State Park. North of Palo Colorado/Big Sur (California) | 10,262 acres.
Monterey County. 5% contained.
Pre- Evacuation advisory issued by the Monterey County Fire and Sheriff’s Office for Rancho San Carlos, White Rock and Rancho San Clemente
Thank you for reading our post and following us along our journeys. Be safe out there. Please keep firefighters, Police Officers, and all support personnel in your thoughts/prayers while they are out fighting these big fires.
Sources: CAL Fire, Inciweb, Facebook, Twitter, NICC.
(c) 2016 The #NWFireBlog