Updated 0925 PST
We’ve decided to do something fun and educational by providing Safety Tips on Saturdays!
Today’s Safety Saturday Tip of the Day: Creating Hard-to-Crack Passwords
Here are several Basic recommendations by those in IT to get you started:
Do Not Use the Following
- Never use your name or someone else’s that can be easily cracked
- Never use your Social Security Number
- Never use a saying, for example: LiveLoveLaugh123
- Never ever use Password 123
- Never write your password down or store where someone steal it unlocking all your files
- Never give out your password or IP address
- Use combinations of letters, numbers, symbols, i.e. 4J%36LL9_#
- Keepass is a great tool if you have multiple passwords
Remember, keeping your computer from hackers is very important in protecting your personal and business information safe.
May you all have a Safe Saturday wherever your journey may take you today or tonight.
(c) 2016 The #NWFireBlog