SIT REP 1 — JUNE 10, 2021 — 2245 PT
Another wildfire has been newly reported in the last 24 hours by Fire Managers and this is the BEAR FIRE, which is located on BLM lands in the Vernal Field Office area.
It is said to be located also about three miles north of Helper, Utah in Price Canyon.
The cause is lighting and ignited on June 9th.
Fire behavior is active with group torching, short-range spotting and running. Homes and infrastructure is at risk, under threat, as well as sage-grouse habitat.
About 5,000 acres of timber, grass and brush have been destroyed. There is no containment at this time.
There are about 112 total personnel with six crews and 29 engines.
Incident Cooperators include: BLM, Carbon County SO, UT County Fire Marshal, Helper FD
Cost-to-date for fire suppression and containment expenses have already reached $1.8 Million Dollars.
- Air resources grounded due to high winds
- West side: Ground crews holding area with successful firing operations.
- Ford Ridge: is now 3 miles from Beaver Ridge and Beaver Creek.
- Closed: US-6.
- Winds: Have shifted, pushing heavy smoke into Price and Helper.
- Threats: Firefighters are aware of the cabins and radio towers in the Beaver Ridge/Beaver Creek area and will make every effort to provide advance notice to property owners if the Bear Fire starts to threaten that area.
EVACUATION ALERTS — in effect (6/10/2021 2111 PT)
- Pre-evacuation order in effect for northwest corner of Helper.
- 10 residences impacted.
Evacuation updates can be found on the Utah Fire Info via their website: http://UtahFireInfo.gov/ or through the Carbon County Sheriff’s Office Utah Facebook page: (1) Carbon County Sheriff’s Office Utah | Facebook
Through the Eyes of Social Media
“Historic drought, strong SW winds & above average heat at play.”
(c) 2021 NW Fire Blog