LAKEHEAD, CALIFORNIA — UPDATE 1 — JULY 2, 2021
The SALT FIRE is burning three miles south of Lakehead, California in the Shasta-Trinity National Forest. It ignited on June 30, 2021, around 1400 hours PT.
Incident Commander is the CA IMT Team 2 Minton.
The community of Lakehead is under threat.
The incident is being managed by a Type 1 IMT (CA Team 2).
Approximately 286 total personnel are assigned to this incident.
There is extreme fire behavior with uphill runs, long-range spotting and flanking.
About 5,043 acres of chaparral and timber has been burned. It still remains at a zero-percent containment.
- Fenders Ferry Road between I-5 and Gilman Road
- Zola Drive
- Cordes Court
- Solus Campground Road
- Toms head Road
- Antlers View Road
- Old Mill Road
- East of I-5 f rom Antlers Road to Riverview Drive
- Gregory Creek Road (or go to Gregory Creek Beach)
- Delta School Road
- Delta Road
- West of I-5 from the south end of Lakeshore Drive to the north end of Lakeshore Drive
- Central Valley High School. Shasta lake, California 96019.
- Fenders Ferry Road at Dog Creek Road
- Gilman Road at the top of the hill
- Riverview Drive at the I-5 off/on ramp
- Lakeshore Drive at the I-5 on/off ramp