Update – August 25, 2021 – Wednesday
The TWENTY-FIVE MILE FIRE is located about 12 miles northwest of Chelan on the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest in Washington State. This fire started on August 15, 2021.
The fire’s behavior is moderate with flanking, creeping, torching and smoldering.
Numerous buildings, including communication structures are under threaten prompting evacuations, area and roadway closures.
Command is under the SW Area Team 1’s Alan Sinclair.
- NWS IMET Operations
- East Pierce Fire & Rescue (brush truck, Strike Team Leader)
- CEDR Digital Corps
- Tanker 912 (10 Tanker Air Carrier)
- WA DNR
- Super Scoopers
LEVEL 3 Evacuations
- For all properties north of Cove Marina on South Lakeshore Road
- The area of Granite Falls road
- First Creek west of Lakeshore
LEVEL 2 Evacuations
- From South from Cove Marina to Morning Sun Drive
LEVEL 1 Evacuations
- Lakeshore Road south of Granite Falls area
There has been 11,055 acres of timber, tall grass and brush have been destroyed but crews have reached a 21% containment status.
A total of 611 total personnel are assigned along with 13 crews, 58 engines and eight copters.
Unfortunately, there have been 11 structures lost with a total cost-to-date fire suppression and containment efforts reaching $7.1 Million.
(c) 2021 NW Fire Blog