Published October 9, 2022, 1915 PT
MOUNT VERNON, WASHINGTON — Multiple fire agencies united as a single force to fight a one-half-acre brush fire this afternoon in the Big Lake area off of SR 9 and Lake Cavanaugh Road.
This fire prompted the several-hour temporary closure of this highly traveled roadway.
REOPENED: Lake Cavanaugh Road and SR 9.
No structures were directly threatened nor were there any evacuation notices or orders in effect during the incident.
The exact cause of the fire is unknown and we have reached out to the Big Lake Fire Department for an update.
The Incident Cooperators for this fire were the following:
- Big Lake FD/SCFD9 : 2 engines, 2 brush trucks, 1 command unit, 1 rehab unit, 1 support truck.
- Clear Lake: 2 engines, 1 brush truck, and 1 water tender.
- Cleardale/Conway: 1 brush truck.
- Lake Cavanaugh/SCFD7: 1 water tender, 1 rescue truck, and additional members for manpower (2nd alarm).
- Lake McMurray: 1 water tender.
- WA DNR: multiple resources.
You can also find our updates on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Hashtags currently being used for this brush fire incident are: #BigLakeFireCommand #MountVernonWA #BrushFires2022
(c) 2022 NW Fire Blog