- Happy Camp, California
INCIDENT SUMMARY, FIRE STATUS
- Date Started: 8/11/2014
- Lightning caused.
- 129,422 acres
- 72% contained
- Last & final update due to slowly spreading, no significant growth
- 1156 personnel
- 19 crews
- 12 helos
- 20 engines
- 5 dozers
- 32 water tenders
- $81M + Cost to Date
- 6 Structures destroyed
- 2 structures damaged
- Community Meeting on Friday, September 19, 2014 at 1800 hours at Department of Natural Resources Office. Address: 39051 Hwy 96, Orleans.
- Last and final update of fire unless there’s a significant change.
- Mandatory and voluntary evacuations, road closures were lifted or opened by the Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office.
- The Fire Service will still be working in the area and ask drivers to be aware and drive slowly where personnel are still located.
- Emergency Closures still remain in effect for the Klamath National Forest. Contact if questions: thttp://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/closures/4036/ for details and maps of closure areas or call 530-841-4541.
RELATED INCIDENT LINKS
- Pacific Crest Trail Association – http://www.pcta.org/
- Ready, Set, Go. – http://www.readyforwildfire.org/
- Prevent Wildfires. – http://www.preventwildfireca.org/
- CA Smoke Information – http://californiasmokeinfo.blogspot.com/
- Klamath National Forest [Facebook Page] – https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Forest-Service-Klamath-National-Forest/1450774868533172?ref=hl
- National Weather Service – http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Happy+Camp&state=CA&site=MFR&textField1=41.7933&textField2=-123.378#.VBu725RdWSp
- Glossary of Wildland Terminology – http://www.nwcg.gov/pms/pubs/glossary/s.htm
- Forest Notices – http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/klamath/alerts-notices
- Fire Safe Council of Siskiyou County – http://www.firesafesiskiyou.org/MtShasta/HomePage
- Code Red Emergency Alert System – http://www.co.siskiyou.ca.us/content/codered-emergency-alert-system
- American Red Cross
- Happy Camp Fire Department
- CAL Fire
- City of Happy Camp
- Karuk Tribe
- Siskiyou County Sheriffs Office
- Siskiyou County Public Works
2014 The NW Fire Blog