Updated 5/9/2016 – Monday – 2039 PDT / 2239 CDT
Several tornado warnings were issued by the National Weather Service – Ft. Worth in the Paris and near Sumner this evening.
Reports of large hail the size of 1.7″ around 2120 CDT and 2.75% around 1756 CDT hit the area of Paris, Texas – a City of approximately 24,895 (2014 Census) and a high population of 1800 Vets (2010-2014).
- Paris Fire Department
- TX State Troopers
- Lamar Co Sheriffs Dept
Fire and Police are running from one dispatched call to the next. Here are some of the calls they are responding to:
- 82E @ Blossom: Trees in the Street.
- Tinker Street: water up to the front steps of homes. (2210 CDT)
- Ash & Cedar Closed: Roadway impassable (2209 CDT)
- 22500: Flooded
- 22900: Now cleared.
- 271 South: Past Cobb Ranch Rd. under water. Passable. (2217 CDT)
- SE 26th Street: Furniture washed down roadway.
- Center: High water on both East and West sides.
- Abbott Lane: Medical call + power outage. (2212 CDT)
- Main Street: House on corner. Fire being sent to check condition of residents. (2211 CDT)
- 5/9/2016: Paris, Lamar County, TX
- 5/1/2016: Paris, Lamar County, TX
- 4/29/2016: Paris, Lamar County, TX
- Temp: 67-degrees
- Precipitation: 15%
- Humidity: 75%
- Wind: 11 mph
- 5/9/2016 – Monday: 67-degrees. Partly cloudy w/20% precip. Winds from S at 6 mph and 82% humidity.
- 5/10/2016 – Tuesday: High 89/ Low 67. Cloudy in the AM, Sun in the evening. 20% precip. Winds from SSW 15 mph with 67% humidity.
LIVE SCANNER FEEDS
- Public Safety: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/8402
- Texakana Police & Bowie Co Sheriff: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/20620 A tornado warning for both Paris, TX and Bowie Counties broadcasted. (2238 CDT)
(c) 2016 The #NWFireBlog