UPDATE 1 -2330 EDT – SATURDAY
New Jersey firefighters are fighting a multiple alarm fire located at 81 Beech Street in Paterson (Passaic County), New Jersey.
It was stated over scanner feeds that there were multiple fires started near this street address.
Scanner feed (via bloggers) states the fire was started on Saturday at 2030 EDT.
Here is a timeline of the incident so far.
- Battalion 1 arrives on-scene. Immediately calls a 2nd alarm for arriving units.
- Fire would quickly escalate by showing heavy conditions in the rear of the structure then spreading to the Bravo side.
- Delta side was also seen on fire.
- Firefighters would immediately conduct a primary search in the main fire building with nothing found.
- 3 buildings on fire.
- Command upgraded the incident to a 3rd Alarm Fire.
- Mutual aid units are requested by Command.
- Fire upgrade to 4th Alarm.
- Four (4) structures are now fully involved.
- These are structures on the Bravo, Charlie and the Delta sides.
- Multiple lines are stretched and operating.
- Two master streams are in operations.
- Command reports now 5 buildings are now on fire.
- Some other media reporting 6 buildings, which includes the fire building.
- Multiple master streams are still operational.
- 6th Alarm requested.
- 2 Command posts are established.
- Multiple mutual aid are incoming for stage moveups.
- Prospect Park Engine setting up water relay
- 6 buildings on fire
- Fire building has been destroyed.
- 56 people have been displaced due to fires.
- Red Cross has been requested.
- Secondary searches complete, nothing found.
- 7th Alarm requested.