1215 PT | SATURDAY | JUNE 19, 2021
INCIDENT SUMMARY — The BACKBONE FIRE was discovered on June 16, 2021. It is located 12 miles west and southwest of Pine and Strawberry, Arizona.
COMMAND — Fire management was assumed by the SW area Type 1 IMT by IC Alan Sinclair on June 19th.
SIZE UP — The fire has burned 17,126 acres of pinyon juniper, chaparral, brush, grass and cactus.
CAUSE — Lightning.
EVACUATIONS ARE IN EFFECT
- Hunts Ranch, south of Strawberry
- Strawberry residents
- Pine residents
Virtual Community Meeting — June 19, 2021, 1930 hours PT — Incident Facebook Page
- HUMANS — Rim Country Middle School. 304 S Meadow Street, Payson, Arizona. (Red Cross)
- RVS/TRAILERS — Payson High School.
- HORSES — 3501 E Butler Ave, Flagstaff. (Coconino Humane Association)
- LIVESTOCK — The Payson Event Center, 1400 Beeline Highway S.
- DOGS/CATS — Humane Society of Central Arizona, 605 W Wilson Court, Payson.
THREATENED — Homes and electrical infrastructure.
CLOSED — SR260 and 87. SR 260 from Camp Verde to SR 87. SR87 closed from Payson to Lake Mary Road. Fossil Creek rec area including the Fossil Creek Bridge, tonto Bench, Homestead, Sally May, Purple Mountain, Mazatzal.
SMOKE TRAJECTORY MAPPING
INCIDENT COOPERATORS — Strawberry, AZ, AZ State Forestry, Coconino NF, Gila County Public Health, CEDR Digital Corps, SWCC, Mapping Support, AZ DOT,
RESOURCES — 95 total personnel assigned along one Hotshot crew, one hand crew, one fuels module, three helicopters and miscellaneous overhead.
(c) 2021 NW Fire Blog