SPOKANE COUNTY, WASHINGTON | JULY 5, 2021 | 2115 HOURS PT
The ANDRUS FIRE is located in the 12900 block of South Andrus Road near Cheney, Washington.
Local County resources VA9 and V21 were dispatched at 1111 hours, while the rest were deployed at 1116 hours PT which include: AR 62 AR 7404 AR 7411 AR 7412 BC 51 DNR 33 E Zone 10 FB 201 FB 202 FB 206 FB 207 FP 10 Fuels 1 HI 40+Crew HT 286 LOA 15 NE 10 arrived on-scene at 1200 hours.
All aircraft have been released for the night and firefighters will continue working as they transition into night operations.
More resources around the State are expected to arrive tonight and tomorrow.
300 acres of grass, shrub, timber and understory destroyed.
—————- Closures and Evacuations are still in effect ——————— Stay Out of the Area.
Fire was said to be threatening about 137 residences, crops and Interstate 90.
Level 3 evacuations in effect.
> Spotted West to Soda
> Melville Road
> Chalet Drive
> Mount Carmel north to Thomas MallenGO NOW!
Red Cross Shelter: Medical Lake HS Cafeteria. 200 E Barker, Medical Lake, Washington.
Livestock Shelter: Spokane County Fairgrounds.
Incident Cooperators: Spokane County Emergency Management, WSP, Spokane Regional Emergency Communications (SREC 911), Spokane County Fire District 8, Coeur d’Alene, Spokane County Sheriffs Office, Missoula and Moses Lake Fire, WA DNR Fire, WA State EMD (Camp Murray) and Spokane County Fire District 3.
- 3 local firefighters were evacuated from their own neighborhood.
- Aircraft scoops water from Silver Lake in Medical Lake
- Eyewitnesses state a few charcoal like flakes land on their property. (they are 7 miles northeast of the fire)
- Temporary Flight Restriction in force (TFR); No Drones in Fire Zones!
- Amazing footage on the internet and around Social Media. Props to the many amazing photographers out there!
- Smoke could be seen from the Amazon Fulfillment Center.
#AndrusFire #WAwildfires #WAFireSeason2021
(c) 2021 NW Fire Blog