UPDATE 1 – AUGUST 6, 2021
A wildfire was reported on Thursday, August 5th on Bulldog Mountain in the Boulder Creek area. It is burning about 16 miles northwest of Kettle Falls (Ferry County), Washington.
Fire behavior would become very active overnight with resources stretched thin due to other area wildfires, it grew quickly. Today, there are resources in the areas of Boulder Creek, Hodgson Lakin Rd, Hodgson Spur Rd, Archer Drive, and Price Rd.
- Ferry County Sheriff’s Office, Northwest Washington Fire Info, US Forest – Colville National Forest.
According to the Ferry County Sheriff’s Office, they released this presser:
“All of the homes in this area are at a LEVEL 1 evacuation. (GET READY!) There will soon be a pilot car stationed on Boulder Creek Rd later this afternoon, so please plan your travels accordingly and drive with caution in this area. Also, if you choose to be out on Curlew Lake be advised that there will be planes in the area scooping water to help in aide to the firefighters. Stay away from the planes and please allow them to be safe. We will continue to keep the community updated as information is provided.”
Three Rivers Ranger District closures:
- The closure area begins at the junction of NFS Road 6113 Bulldog Cabin Road at T39 R35 S26 and NFS Road 705 Renner Lake Road at T38 R36E S12, extends south along the NFS Road 700 Matsen Creek Road along the FS boundary to 460 Deadman Creek Rd. T37 R37 S18; then heads west along 460 to 9565 South Fork Deadman T37 R36 S28
- Continues west along 9565 to 2030 Albian Hill Rd. T37 R35 S31
- Continues strait north along the Kettle Crest to Boulder Creek Road.
The following National Forest System campgrounds, roads, and trails are included in this closure:
- Davis Lake Campground
- NFS Road 6113 – Bulldog Cabin
- NFS Road 705 – Renner Lake Rd.
- NFS Road 700 – Matsen Ck Rd.
- NFS Road 160 – Intersection of 0808 and 3603
- NFS Road 800 – Alligator Ridge Rd.
- NFS Road 9565 – South Fork Deadman Rd.
- NFS Road 2030 – Albian Hill Rd.
- Trail 107 Thompson Ridge Trail
- 74 Taylor Ridge Trail
- 109 Twin Sisters Trail
- 98 King Mountain Trail
- 75 US Mountain
At the last update, there were 75 acres were burned. The percentage of containment is unknown.
#BulldogMountainFire #WAwildfires #WAFireSeason2021 #FerryCountyWAWildfires