Tuesday Update | August 31, 2021
The RIVER COMPLEX includes three current wildfires, Haypress, Summer and Cronan Fires in Siskiyou, Trinity Counties.
Collectively, there has been 106,165 total acres consumed along with a current 23% containment status.
The fire was lightning caused by a passing storm that impacted the area. It ignited these fires on July 30, 2021, around 0700 hours.
Fuels include timber and brush.
- Active fire behavior with backing, flanking and with uphill runs
- Burning in the 2014 Coffee Fire burn scar
- 70,049 acres consumed
- Priority fire
Parker Spot Fire
- Active fire behavior with potential for growth towards the Haypress Fire
- 30,161 acres lost
- West end – some areas have intense heat, and others have moderate rates of spread
- South end – many areas of intense heat, will continue to spread.
- 5,918 acres consumed
- Firefighters have made great progress on this fire
- Mop-up and patrolling operations will continue
- Command is currently under a NIMO, IMT 13 as of Monday, August 30th at 0600 hours yesterday morning.
- 771 total personnel, 11 crews, 9 copters, 41 engines, 19 dozers, 27 water tenders, 9 masticators, two skid-steers and three packstrings.
- Coffee Creek Road past the Sugar Pine Trailhead (Trinity County)
- Sawyers Bar
- Coffee Creek
- Trinity Center
Visit either or links for evacuation updates
Trinity County – Road Closures
- Coffee Creek Road @ North Fork Trailhead, west of Hwy 3.
- The Callahan-Cecilville Road is closed from approximately one-mile west of the community of Callahan to Cecilville
- The Sawyers Bar Road from Froks of the Salmon to Forest Road 40N51