UPDATED 5/12/2016 @ 2145 PDT – Thursday
Date/Start: 5/12/2016 @ 0500 Hours MDT.
Location: Box Spring 3 miles NW of Rose Canyon Lake. Catalina Mountains. Near Marshall Gulch on Mount Lemmon in Arizona.
Command: IC Roger Wright.
Fire Fuels: Timber. Brush. Downed trees.
Conditions: Very rough country.
Cause: Human. Under investigation.
- Fire started @ 0500 Hours.
- Human caused.
- 12 Acres.
- Water drops being utilized.
- Fire crews fighting fire from ground.
- 60 personnel assigned to this event.
- 6 Water tenders ordered.
- Rose Canyon Lake temporarily closed, as helos are dipping from it.
- Hotshot crews have the fire under control as of 1850 MDT. Will continue through the night.
No Drones in Fire Zones
- Privately owned drones have been detected flying over the fires around the United States.
- A Temporary Flight Restriction or TFR has been approved by the FAA over the Montrose Fire area.
- Don’t fly your Drones in Fire Zones or Fire Suppression aircraft will be forced to land until the airspace is cleared.
#MontroseFire #AZCNF #AZFires2016 #AZ
(c) 2016 The #NWFireBlog