WA Wildfire: Halfway Fire | August 9 2016

Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest | The Halfway Fire from an unknown cause on Forest Service, about 25 miles West of Naches, Washington State.  The cause is still under investigation.

About 75 acres of timber have been consumed.  Fire crews were successful in laying hose lines and are in mop-up operations with a 90% containment status.  However, the remaining 10% is on the NW flank in inaccessible area.

Halfway Flat and Sawmill Flat campgrounds, Boulder Cove and Rd 1704 are all closed until further notice.

There are still 34 personnel attached to this incident.

No injuries have been reported and no reports of damage or destruction to property have been reported additionally.

There are no #FireImages for this fire available.

Hashtags used for this fire are #HalfwayFire #WaWILDFIRE #NWFireBlogWA

(c) 2016 The #NWFireBlog