CROWN MOUNTAIN FIRE
Update 1 – May 15, 2017
- Discovered 5/14/2017 1030 Hours
- Burning in Juniper Canyon area of Big Bend National Park
- Burning in back country of Park
- Possible cause is lightning from previous evening
- 1,044 estimated acres
- 60% containment status
- Type 3 IMT arrived May 15, 2017
- On-scene/en route: (5) Type 1 crews, (1) Type 2 handcrew and (1) helitack crews. Miscellaneous overhead team and support personnel.
- Facilities in the Chiso Basin facilities closed
- Campgrounds also closed.
(c) 2017 The NW Fire Blog