UPDATE 1 – JULY 20 (FRIDAY) – 2245 PDT
The FERGUSON FIRE is located off of Highway 140 and Hite Cove on the Crater Lake National Park and about 10 miles north of Mariposa, California.
The wildfire is in the Sierra National Forest that started at the Savage Trading Post.
The fire started on July 13, 2018, from an unknown cause.
Command is in Unified Command with CA IMT Team 4, USFS, CAL Fire and the Mariposa County Sheriff Office. The ICP is located at the Ahwanee Regional Park.
The fire has burned 24,450 acres of brush and timber in very steep and inaccessible terrain. Fire crews have reached a 7% containment status. This canyon has held the record of having the largest fire on the Sierra NF back in 1924. (Prior to the ROUGH FIRE).
Fire behavior is moderate with short-range spotting, backing and flanking.
There are 2,832 personnel along with 204 engines, 38 water tenders, 17 helicopters, 70 crews and 40 bulldozers!
Incident Cooperators include:
- CAL Trans
- PG & E
- CA Conservation Corps
- Mariposa County Public Works
- American Red Cross
- Yosemite National Park
- Mariposa County Sheriff Office
- CAL OES
- Sierra NF
- CAL Air Quality
Evacuations are in effect for the following areas:
Mandatory Evacuations (LEAVE NOW)
- El Portal Trailer Court
- Incline Rd from Clearing House to the last BLM campground
- Jerseydale/ Mariposa Pines
- Cedar Lodge/ Indian Flat Campground
- Savage’s Trading Post
- Sweetwater Ridge
- Rancheria Flat – Government Housing
- Old El Portal
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Incline Rd from Clearing House to the Foresta Bridge to the last BLM campground
Evacuation Advisory (GET READY)
- *Yosemite West
- Lushmeadows Community
- Ponderosa Basin Community
- Triangle Rd from Jerseydale Rd to Hwy 49 South including all side roads
- Darrah Rd from Triangle to Sherrod Rd
- East side of Hwy 49S from Darrah Rd to Harris Rd
- Boyer Rd
- Woodland Area
- Wass Rd
- Tip Top Rd
- New Life Christian Fellowship – 5089 Cole Road – Mariposa, CA 95338
- Yosemite Valley Elementary School – 9009 Lost Arrow Rd – Yosemite National Park, CA.
- SPCA – 5599 California 49 – Mariposa, CA 95338 (Small animals)
- Mariposa County Fairgrounds – 5007 Fairgrounds Road – Mariposa, CA 95338 (Large animals)
The total cost-to-date fire suppression and containment expenses have reached $11,000,000.
(c) 2018 NW Fire Blog