Sunday Update – August 29, 2021
The CALDOR FIRE is burning about 16 miles northeast of Plymouth (El Dorado County); east of Omo Ranch and south of the Grizzly community in California on lands owned/managed by the USFS / Eldorado National Forest.
The cause of this fire is unknown and under investigation. It was ignited on Saturday, August 14, 2021, just before 1900 hours PT.
The incident is under Unified Command with CAL FIRE Team 6 and NIMO Team 2. A total of 3,531 personnel are assigned.
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office (https://www.facebook.com/eldoradosheriff/)
- Sierra Pacific Industries
- Pioneer FD
- El Dorado Irrigation District
- El Dorado County
- Grizzly Flats Community Service District
- Amador County Sheriff’s Office
- Georgetown FD
- Indian Diggins School District
- El Dorado County FD
- Grizzly Flats Water District
- Volcano Telephone
- Placerville FD
- El Dorado County DOT
- Mosquito FD
- Garden Valley FD
- Cal OES Fire
- El Dorado County EMSA
- El Dorado County Office of Education
- Marshall Medical Center
- Shingle Springs Band of Miwok Indians FD
- State Water Resources Control Board
- El Dorado County Department of Agriculture
- Barton Health
- CAL EPA
- Lake Valley Fire District
- CAL FIRE AEU (https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/2021/8/14/caldor-fire/)
- USFS – El Dorado NF
There has been 156,515 acres of timber, light slash and brush destroyed. A sustained 19% containment status has remained.
Fire behavior remains as active with long-range spotting, torching and crowning.
- Damaged | 39 structures
- Destroyed | 471 homes; 11 commercial; 170 other minor structures
- 18,347 structures
- 3 Firefighters
- 2 Civilians
- 329 engines
- 78 water tenders
- 25 copters
- 73 hand crews
- 77 dozers
- 29 other heavy equipment
Closure for roads and shelter information can be found at the USFS website here –> https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7801/
Evacuation orders –> https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/2021/8/14/caldor-fire/
Animal Evacuation shelters (El Dorado, Amador Counties; Nevada) –> https://www.facebook.com/CALFIREAEU/photos/pcb.870304883609345/870304700276030
Shelter information –> https://www.facebook.com/CALFIREAEU/photos/pcb.870304883609345/870304680276032
Crisis Response Facebook Page –> https://www.facebook.com/crisisresponse/4189473567813710/?alias=4189473567813710&source=search
Local Assistance Center –> 6699 Campus Drive, Placerville, CA 95667. (Folsom Lake Community College, El Dorado Campus in the Fitness Center Building). Hours: Monday-Friday, 1000 hours to 1700 hours. Wednesdays from 1300 to 1900 hours.
The total cost-to-date for fire suppression and containment efforts have reached an increased total of $57.3 Million Dollars.