About less than an hour ago, a tornado hit the Cleburne area in Hood County, Texas. Several sources are reporting multiple deaths and many seriously injured.
Follow us on our twitter page (@nwfireblog) for regular updates on the event. We will keep you updated as info is received.
For our TX fans is to be very careful of downed power lines and trees.
Here are some area information to be aware of:
– There is a police road block on S. David Road. They are only letting in Emergency vehicles, Utilities, Road Crews and Police only. No POVs are being allowed into the area.
– Road crews are working on clearing debris as quickly as possible.
– Utilities are in the area to shut off power and clear downed lines.
– Please respect crews as they are working as fast as possible and doing what they can do to keep you all safe.
– Shelters are at: First Christian and St. Frances.
– Only call 9-1-1 with emergency calls only. They are overwhelmed and to help them receive “true” emergency calls, they need to keep all of their lines open.
More updates to come soon. For all of our FIRE/EMS/First Responders out there, please be safe.
(c) 2013 The NW Fire Blog