ERGOMETRICS & Applied Personnel Research, Inc.
18720 33rd Avenue West
Lynnwood, WA 98037
Position: Public Safety Consultant
NATIONAL TESTING NETWORK | ERGOMETRICS is an exciting, growing company committed to the development of high quality employment and licensure exams.
For over 30 years, Ergometrics has developed the most innovative, job-related simulations tests in the industry, with special emphasis on selection for public safety occupations.
With 49% business growth in 2013, National Testing Network is growing in both size and significance.
The Public Safety Consultant will work directly with fire and other public safety departments to obtain and fulfill promotional test development and consulting projects.
The Public Safety Consultant is responsible for the development of job analysis, written test development, assessment center development, training and orientations, and administration.
This position requires approximately 30% travel and will be located at the corporate office in Lynnwood, WA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop job analyses (JA)
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to create JA
- Interview SMEs and participate in public safety ride alongs
- Develop written test items based on source material (SOP, text, etc.)
- Develop situational judgment written test items
- Identify and develop all necessary project materials
- Identify and develop candidate preparation materials
- Analyze results and prepare final report
- Work with SMEs to develop assessment center exercises including tactical exercises
- Recruit and coordinate assessors
- Work with Ergometrics’ departments (Professional Services, Client Services, IT, Accounting, and Sales) to ensure quality deliverables
Required Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of psychometrics/test development principles
- Ability to learn test development best practices
- Strong attention to detail and editing/revising skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take a proactive approach to completing tasks; actively searches for ways to help others
- Ability to work on multiple, complex projects with high quality results
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team setting
- Flexible; adapts well to changing circumstances
- Innovative; contributes to a creative work environment
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s degree is highly desired
- Established background in public safety such as former fire officer, testing professional within a public safety department or direct experience as a public safety assessment consultant
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
If you are interested in applying please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates must successfully pass a background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smoke-free/drug-free work environment
Competitive PTO/Paid Holidays/Medical/Dental/HRA benefits
2014 The NW Fire Blog