The Bellevue Firefighters Community Support Foundation is hosting a food and toy drive Nov. 1 through December. Donations will be accepted at all Bellevue fire station locations and City Hall.
New, unwrapped toys collected for infants, youth and teens received by December 8 will be distributed at the Youth Holiday Party on Dec. 16 at Crossroads Community Center. Non-perishable food collected will provide support during the holidays to our local food banks.
Requested donations include new, unwrapped toys for infants, youth and teens, including books, games, sports equipment, arts and crafts kits, cars/trucks, dolls and plush animals. Ideas for infants include age appropriate plush animals, toys and gift cards for parents to purchase needed items. Ideas for teens include gift certificates to clothing, restaurants, malls and music stores.
The greatest needs for nonperishable food include: canned meals, canned meat, cereal, dry beans, fruit (canned or fresh), pasta, peanut butter, rice, soup, tomato products and vegetables (canned or fresh).
Monetary donations will also be gratefully accepted to help purchase toys or food items. To donate, make checks payable to the Bellevue Firefighters Community Support Foundation.
Donations sites include:
- City Hall: 450 110th AVE NE (Downtown Bellevue);
- Fire Station One: 766 Bellevue Way SE (Downtown/West Bellevue);
- Fire Station Two: 2802 148th Ave SE (Eastgate/Lake Hills/W. Lake Sammamish);
- Fire Station Three:16100 NE Eighth St. (Crossroads/Northeast Bellevue);
- Fire Station Four: 4216 Factoria Blvd. SE (Factoria/Somerset);
- Fire Station Five: 9621 NE 24th St. (Northwest Bellevue);
- Fire Station Six: 1850 132nd Ave NE (Bridle Trails/Wilburton);
- Fire Station Seven: 11900 SE Eigth St. (Wilburton/Woodridge);
- Fire Station Eight: 5701 Lakemont Blvd. SE (Eastgate/Cougar Mountain); and
- Fire Station Nine: 12412 SE 69th Way (Newport).
2014 The NW Fire Blog