Updated 5/13/16 2345 PDT
Date / Time: Dispatched 5/13/2016 @ 1611 PDT.
Command: Unified Command – Monroe FD w/USFS and W
Location: 4200 block on Hwy 2 off of FS Rd 62 in Gold Bar, Washington. Burning on private land currently but at the top of the hillside is 100% DNR land. (per DNR Wildcad) Updated: 5 miles E of Gold Bar.
Fire Fuels: Logging Slash, Timber.
May 13, 2016 – Friday
- Fast forward spread.
- Hotspots starting, being spotted by Air Support.
- Originally reported as 15 ac wildfire on slope wtih heavy thermal column
- 2nd Alarm called.
- 30 acres and growing.
- Per WA DNR PIO.
- Tough terrain for crews.
- Buck drops by Snohomish Co Sheriff Office’s
- 1 spot fire and extinguished.
- Fire on the South side of the drainage
- South of their current position
- Visible flame length
- Fire growing rapidly.
- Location updated by WA DNR (see the above the update)
- DNR states: Jurisdiction 1 Engine, resources on-scene
- Level 1 Evacuation Orders given to South side of Hwy 2 between 437th Drive SE & Forest Service Rd 62.
- Level 2 Evacuations in progress for 26 affected homes on South side of Forest Rd 62 and 437th Drive SE.
- Current weather: 59-degrees. 0% precip. 66% humidity with winds at 11mph. Precip expected to hit the area on Saturday.
- Brush 66
- Ladder 20
- Brush 66
- Brush 71
- Brush 53
- Monroe FD
- Gold Bar FD
- US Forest Service
- WA DNR
- Snohomish County Fire Dist #26
- Snohomish County Fire Dist #7
- Snohomish County Fire Dist #3
- Getchell Fire
- SNOHawk10 (Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office) providing water drops, and acting as aerial lookout for ground fire crews.
(c) 2016 The #NWFireBlog