UPDATED 5/14/2016 1030 PDT
Date/Start: 5/12/2016 @ 0500 Hours MDT.
Location: Box Spring 3 miles NW of Rose Canyon Lake. Catalina Mountains. Near Marshall Gulch on Mount Lemmon in Arizona.
Command: IC Rogers Wright.
Fire Fuels: Timber. Brush. Downed trees.
Conditions: Very rough country.
Cause: Human. Under investigation.
- Fire crews set up pump / fire hoses nearby out of the Sabino Creek.
- Spike-camped along fire line last night and working on line this AM.
- Hot spots to continue to be addressed in the interior of the fire perimeter.
- 60 personnel assigned.
- 50% containment status.
- Some resources may be released today.
- Fire burning in downed timber and brush
- Steep rough terrain
- AM fire spread stopped
- 1 add’l hotshot crew arrived last night
- Fire suppression being handled in cooperation with ground crews & helos making water drops
- Working to extinguish hotspots around fire perimeter
- Large dead and down trees continue to burn w/in the interior
- Weather Forecasat: gusty upslope winds to likely occur.
- Goal is to have crews establish a large defensible perimeter around the fire
- Rose Canyon Lake temporarily closed due to safety and helos dipping from it
- Fire started @ 0500 Hours.
- Human caused.
- 12 Acres.
- Water drops being utilized.
- Fire crews fighting fire from ground.
- 60 personnel assigned to this event.
- 6 Water tenders ordered.
- Rose Canyon Lake temporarily closed, as helos are dipping from it.
- Hotshot crews have the fire under control as of 1850 MDT. Will continue through the night.
- TFR issued over fire
No Drones in Fire Zones
- Privately owned drones have been detected flying over the fires around the United States.
- A Temporary Flight Restriction or TFR has been approved by the FAA over the Montrose Fire area.
- Don’t fly your Drones in Fire Zones or Fire Suppression aircraft will be forced to land until the airspace is cleared.
#MontroseFire #AZCNF #AZFires2016 #AZ
(c) 2016 The #NWFireBlog