SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
CAL FIRE – San Diego unit is at the scene of a brush fire on Otay Lakes Road (San Diego, CA) as of 1614 hours PST on Monday, January 1, 2018.
The #OtayFire IC is reporting there are two fires at that location, with the largest already at one acre.
We are working to get further details on this #BrushFire.
This area appears to be prone to brush fires. Check out Social Media’s long history of fire incidents.
5/17/2017: 14600 block x Otay Lakes Road.
- Mobile home fire
- With exposures
- Hashtag #OtayIC
5/20- 5/21/2017: Near Otay Lakes Road x Hwy 94, South of Jamul
- RV campground evacuated
- Dubbed #GateFire
- Reaches 1500 acres
- Prompts closures of roadways including Otay Lakes Road, Hwy 94
- Cause under criminal investigation after video surfaces
- Mandatory evacuations in effect
- EB/WB SR 94 closes @ Otay Lakes Rd
- Located on Otay Mountain where fire originated
6/19/2016: Otay Lakes Road x EB Hwy 94
- Closed at 188 due to #BorderFire
7/8/2016: Near Otay Lakes Road x Hwy 94
- 10 acres totally burned
- CAL FIRE, San Diego Co FD response
4/30/2016: Otay Lakes Road
- Limited info.
11/30/2015: Otay Lakes Road Fire
6/26 – 7/5/2015: Near Otay Lakes Road x Woods Drive, San Diego County.
- Brush Fire
- CAL FIRE, Chula Vista FD response
- 80 acres destroyed
- Structure threatened
- Fire reported 6/26/2017 around 1600 hours PST
11/23/2014: Otay Lakes Road, West of Hwy 94.
- MVA caused fire
- Otay Lake Rd, closed at Hwy 94
- 1/2 acre wildfire sparked
11/6/2014: Near Upper Otay Lakes Reservoir
- Small brush fire ignited
- CAL FIRE Chula Vista FD response
- Quickly put out
- 1/4 acre burned
7/28/2013: Off of Otay Lakes Rd
- Brush fire
- CAL FIRE – San Diego responds
- 5 acres burned with no structure damage
- SR 94 and SR 188 closed
And, the fires in the same area continue on….
(c) 2018 NW Fire Blog