The FAIRVIEW FIRE is burning on Fairview Avenue and Bautista Canyon Road, about seven miles southeast of Hemet (Riverside County), California.
It ignited on September 5th, between 1537 and 1600 hours PT from an unknown source. Fire Officials are still investigating.
Fire behavior is reported as active with running, uphill runs, and long-range spotting
The fire has burned about 9,846 acres.
It has a 5% containment status.
The Command team is Unified Command with CAL FIRE Riverside Unit and Hemet Fire Department.
There are about 265 total firefighters with an Air Attac, 21 Overhead Personnel, 38 engines, nine crews, one water tender, and a Helitender.
- CAL FIRE/Riverside
- City of Corona FD
- City of Hemet FD
- Morongo Fire Department
- Murrieta Fire Protection District
- Orange County Fire Authority Copter
- Riverside City FD
- Riverside County Emergency Management Department
- Riverside County Sheriff’s Office
- USFS – San Bernardino
Evacuation Orders are in effect (See interactive map: https://tinyurl.com/FairviewFireMap
- South of | Cactus Valley Road, Stetson Avenue, Bautista Canyon, Stetson Road. Thomas Mountain Ridge
- North of | Minto Way and Red Mountain Roads, Cactus Valley, Two Streams trailhead.
- West of | the US Forest Service Boundary, Fairview Avenue.
- East of State Street.
Evacuation Warnings are in effect for:
- East of | Red Mtn Road
- The Cahuilla Mountain US Forest Service boundary line
- South of | Minto Way and Red Mountain Roads
- West of | Stanley Road; North of Stanley Road; and East of Sage Road.
Evacuation Center is located at the Tahquitz High School at 4425 Tital Trail, Hemet, CA 92545.
There have been seven structures destroyed including residential, commercial, and other types.
There have been two confirmed fatalities.
$1.5 Million at least.
(c) 2022 NW Fire Blog – Published Wednesday, 9/7/2022 @ 1905 hours PT