Sit Rep 1 — Friday, March 31, 2023 — 2359 PDT
(Left) Photo Credit: Jeffco Sheriff’s Office
A wildfire broke out around 1436 hours this afternoon, by the Red Rock amphitheater near the town of Morrison, Colorado.
It would quickly spread due to wind-driven runs from very strong winds to a whopping 10 acres heading near Alameda and C470 to the southeast.
Winds pushed the fire upslope in dry brush and over the top of the ridge towards homes, prompting pre-evacuation orders.
County Dispatchers, Fire, and Police Officers descended quickly upon the scene and worked together perfectly as one unified team.
Current Status: The fire has been stopped at 40 acres and has a 0% containment status.
Firefighters will be patrolling the hogback throughout the night.
It’s expected to still be windy through midnight, which could cause some hot spots on the interior of the fire to flare up.
Expect to see smoke, potentially into tomorrow.
Crews will be mopping up this weekend.
(Above) Photo Credit | West Metro Fire
Incident Cooperators: Fire and LE agencies assigned to this wildfire include the following:
– South Metro PIO
– Denver FD | Photo Credit: DFD
As of 1730 hours, all of their rigs and personnel, Brush Trucks 601 and 602, as well as a strike team consisting of E3, E7, E8, E21, E28, and Chief 6 were returned back into service and off the fire line.
– Arvada FD
– Golden CO Fire-Rescue |Stock Photo Credit: GFR
– Indian Hills FD | Photo Credit: IHFD
Indian Hills deployed Brush 357 and a crew of 4 to assist as mutal aid to assist duriing this afternoon’s wildfire operations.
– State of CO DFPS
– Castle Rock FD | Stock Photo Credit: CRFRD
– Evergreen Fire-Rescue | Stock Photo Credit: EFR
– Foothills Fire | Stock Photo Credit: FFR
– South Metro FD | Stock Photo Credit: SMFD
– Arvada FD
– Lakewood PD
– Morrison PD
– CO State Patrol
– JeffCo Sheriff | Stock Photo Credit: JCSO
– JeffCO Open Space
– Denver Mtn Parks
– CO Parks & Wildlife
– Genesee Fire-Rescue | Stock Photo Credit: GFR
– North Fork FD
– Clear Creek FD
– Inter-Canyon FD | Photo Credit: ICFD
– Fairmount FD
– Elk Creek FD | Photo Credit: ECFD
– West Metro Fire Rescue | Photo Credit: WMFR
Cause: The cause of the fire is due to an electrical line brought down by the wind and sparking dry brush on the ground.
NWFB Social Media Channels: @nwfireblog (Facebook and Instagram) and nwfireblog (Twitter)
(c) 2023 NW Fire Blog