Washington State | It’s been quite obvious Washington State has taken the brunt of what Mother Nature has sent our way and, not in a good way. Flooding and landslides what seem to appear everywhere we turn from literally being out in the cold wind and mud to having every news outlet covering the story right here locally.
With all those news stories being covered, there is so much information out over the internet, airwaves and being reported live on TV, Youtube or ont he radio. We are hoping this helps put all of that information in one centralized location helping you become more informed.
We’ll also try to update as the information is received throughout the day/evening.
## ALERTS ! ##
- Emergency Alert System [City of Snoqualmie] : https://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736721835#/login. [Broadcasts: Disaster Recovery Instructions, Boil Water notifications, Evacuations, Emergency shelter, Requests for Community Assistance, Major Road Closures, HAZMAT spills.]
- City of Snoqualmie. Door-to-door evacuation alerts to residents whom live on 22nd-28th St/Queets Ave and 24hour notice to stay away from Beacon Hill. Evacuation periods are from 1600-1900 PST. [ check out @KBKW on Twitter]
- Aberdeen Dike. False reports of the Dike being compromised is in circulation. The Aberdeen Police Departments report the Dike is fine and not showing any signs of problems. [via Grays Harbor EM]
## CLOSURES ##
Highways, State Routes Closures
- SR 203 – Both directions between Carnation & Fall City due to flooding via Snoqualmie River. [via WSDOT 1630PST]
- SR 109 – @ Moclips on US 101. Closed overnight due to damaged roadway and flooding. [via WSDOT 1615PST] Comments: Damage found at MP 53.5.
- US 101 – 5 slide areas at MP 73, 75, 78,79 and 91. [via WSDOT 1415PST]
- US 12 – Aberdeen City Mayor & WSDOT working to get at least 1 lane open in both directions in the next 24 hours.
Grays Harbor County Road Closures
- The Aberdeen Bluff on SR12. Landslide.
- US 101 at MP 73.
- US 101 S of Ocean Beach Rd.
- SR 109. Moclips at the river.
- Moclips Hwy. MP 9.
- SR 109 Bypass.
- E Satsop Rd. MP 5.3.
- Wishkah Rd. MP 6.
- E. Aberdeen Streets.
- Beacon Hill. Hoquaim.
- 2500 Blk/Queets Rd. Hoquiam.
- John Rivers Rd. MP 2.
Snoqualmie Road Closures
- Mountain Avenue SE
- SE Walnut Street
- SE Spruce Street
- Meadowbrook Way SE from SE
- Park Street to
- Meadowbrook Bridge
- SE Park Street from
- Meadowbrook Way SE to
- Centennial Fields
- Boardwalk Temporarily shut down due to Public Safety risk.
## EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT ##
Emergency Operations Center / Office of Emergency Management
- Grays Harbor County – Staffed in Montesano working to assist all jurisdictions in the Cities of Aberdeen, Cosmopolis, Elma, Hoquiam, McCleary, Montesano, Oakville, Ocean Shores, Westport, the Confederated Tribes of the Chehalis Reservation, the Quinault Indian Nation, all 15 Fire Districts and every Grays Harbor County Department.
- City of Snoqualmie – Phone  888-5911. Email: EOC@ci.snoqualmie.wa.us. Twitter: @snoqualmiegov. Facebook: City of Snoqualmie. Emergency Alerts: AM1650 serving the Snoqualmie and North Bend communities.
- King County EOC – Renton. Main Phone: 206-296-3830. Toll Free: 800-523-5044.
## FLOOD WARNINGS ##
- Tolt River: Provisional Phase 3 . [Moderate flooding]
- Cedar River: Provisional Phase 1 [Minor flooding]
- Green River: Provisional Phase 1 [Minor flooding.]
- White River: Provisional Phase 1 [Minor flooding.]
## SAFETY TIPS ##
- Stay Away from Riverbanks
- Don’t walk through floodwaters
- Keep pets on a Leash
- Don’t drive through flooded roadways or move barricades
- Avoid driving or walking in neighborhoods where floods have occurred
- “Don’t Drown, Turnaround.”
## SHELTERS ##
- Red Cross Shelter. Immanuel Baptist Church. 1200 Soule Ave, Hoquiam, WA 98550. See important information: http://kbkw.com/local-news/329775?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kbkwnewsroom+%28Local+News%29 [via KBKW]
## UTILITIES ##
Gas & Power
- Report an Outage. PSE Service Alerts. 888-225-5773.
If you have a story, photo or video you’d like to share with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may “direct message” on @nwfireblog [Twitter] or to us on Facebook.
Thank you to @NWTEMC by providing some great weblinks and information!
[c] 2015 The NW Fire Blog is a publication of Media Madness NW, a Washington-based business. email@example.com / Email.