Routt National Forest | Approximately 24 miles North of Walden, Colorado
The Beaver Creek Fire ignited on June 19, 2016 @ around 1200 hours from an unknown cause on the Routt National Forest, about 24 miles North of Walden, Colorado.
The fire is burning timber and brush.
There are currently 227 personnel assigned to this incident.
The fire has reached a 41% containment status but not before 35,645 acres have been consumed. The acreage is broken down accordingly:
- Jackson County (CO): 2,915 acres
- Kremmeling Field Office (CO): 13,697 acres
- Routt NT (CO): 17,323 acres
- Carbon County ( WY): 111 acres
- Medicine-Bow NF (WY): 1,440 acres
Temps today were at 73* degrees with a RH of 18% and winds WSW 15 mph to gusts of 30 mph.
Those assisting on this fire are called Incident Cooperators. Here are those who have partnered up with Fire Managers:
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- USDA Forest Service
- Carbon County Sheriff’s Office
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Office
- State of Colorado Department of Public Safety
The Hashtags that we are personally using for this wildfire are: # CoWILDFIRE #BeaverCreekFire #NWFireBlogCO
(c) 2016 The #NWFireBlog