NEALS HILL FIRE
Photo Credit | Thurston County (WA) SORT REMS
UPDATE 1 – SATURDAY (8/8/2020)
- Location (s) – 22 miles SE of Princeton, near Folly Farm and Hwy 78 (OR)
- Lead Agency – BLM – Burns District
- Fire fuels – Short grass
- Command – NWIMT team 9, Type 2
- Reported – 8/5/2020, 1600 PT
- Cause – Lightning
- Size/Containment Status – 3,391 acres. 60% contained.
- Fire behavior – Minimal. Creeping, smoldering and backing.
Staffing and Equipment
- Total Personnel – 149
- Crews – 4
- Engines – 5
- Helicopters – 0
- Technical Rescue – 4
- Thurston County (WA) – SORT REMS
ABOUT Thurston County SORT
SORT is a multi-disciplinary Technical Rescue Team made up of Rescue Tech Level Career Firefighters from multiple fire agencies in Thurston County. They are one of two teams in the State that provide REMS (Rapid Extrication Support Module. They are requested via IMT when terrain poses a significant threat to the safety of the wildland firefighters. This is the team’s second deployment this Fire Season so far.
- Structures Lost – 0
- Cost-to-Date (Fire suppression and containment expenses) – $500,000
We can be found on Twitter and Facebook @nwfireblog and Instagram at nw fire blog.
We appreciate you reading this posting and invite you to follow us on Social Media channels and to follow our Blog for more great fire news and important updates!
(c) 2020 NW Fire Blog – updated 8/8/2020 1930 PT