CASSADORE SPRINGS FIRE
11 miles North of San Carlos, Arizona
Photo Credit | BIA – San Carlos Agency
UPDATE 1 – SATURDAY (8/8/2020)
- Discovered – 8/1/2020
- Cause – Lightning
- Fire Fuels – tall grass, brush and timber
- Area – San Carlos Apache Reservation, Hilltop area, Natanes Plateau
- Lead Agency – BIA – San Carlos Agency
- Command – Type 2 Team – IC/Carl Schwope. Trainee/Aaron Hulburd. SWA IMT 4
- Size/Containment Status – 19,142 acres, 25% contained
- Expected containment – 8/18/2020
- Fire behavior – Active. Running.
- Projected Fire Activity – Western edge working into Alder Creek, moving through pine along the 1100 road towards Sawmill and DP10.
- 369 total personnel
- NWS Phoenix
- NWS IMET Operations
- 1 Type 1 helo
- 3 Type 3 helos
- 2 camp crews
- 1 Type 1 crews
- 6 Type 2 IA crews
- 10 Type 6 engines
- 4 Support Water tenders
- 2 Tactical Water tenders
We can be found on Twitter and Facebook @nwfireblog and Instagram at nw fire blog.
We appreciate you reading this posting and invite you to follow us on Social Media channels and to follow our Blog for more great fire news and important updates!
(c) 2020 NW Fire Blog – updated 8/8/2020 1650 PT