FDIC 2014 – April 7 – 12, 2014
It’s that time of year ago, where the world’s largest fire-training based conference and exhibition is that is dedicated to delivering the best training offered to both men and women in the fire service, will be held again. The location will take place in Indianapolis, IN at the Indiana Conference Center [Lucas Oil Stadium] on April 7-12, 2014.
Registration Open, Incentives to Register Early Apply.
Purchase tickets at http://www.fdic.com/register.html. Check out the special pricing for individual and groups. There are incentives for registering early.
Great Training Opportunities
Great classes and courses have already been scheduled. Here’s a sneak peek as to what the conference has to offer everyone in the Fire Service.
4-Hour Pre-Conference Workshops
– Building the Foundation of a Winning Team by Assistant Chief of Operations Douglas Cline, Horry County [SC] Fire Rescue.
– Designing a Safe and Effective Emergency Response Plan by Assistant Professor Ken Folisi, Lewis University.
– Extrication Zone: Hybrid/New Vehicle Technology by President Matt Stroud, MGS Tech.
– Think Like an Incident Commander by DC Thomas Dunne, FDNY.
– Leadership So Everyone Goes Home by Coordinator Richard Mason, National Fallen Firefighters Fdn.
– The Seven C’s of Fire Officer Trust by BC John Alston, Jersey City [NJ] FD.
– Branding Your Department Through the Recruitment Process by BC Bob Atlas, Contra Costa [CA] County Fire.
– Fighting Fires in Structures: 2014 by Lt. Steve Bernocco, Seattle FD.*
– Special Operations in Small Departments by Firefighter Al Bloomer, Kearny [NJ] FD.
– Basement Fires: Fire Dynamics and Collapse Hazards by Coordinator of Research and Development James Dalton, Chicago FD.
H.O.T. [Hands-on Training] Courses – 4 & 8 Hour Sessions
– Aerial and Tower Operations by Lead Instructor Lt. [Retired] Michael Wilbur, FDNY.
– Conventional Forcible Entry by Lead Instructor Firefighter Chris Minichiello, FDNY/East Coast Rescue Solutions.
– Flashover by Lead Instructor BC Joseph Berchtold, Teaneck [NJ] FD.
– Conducting NFPA 1403 Live Training Burn by Lead Instructor Capt. [Ret.] Gregory A. Fisher, Champagne [IL] FD.
– Nozzle Forward by Firefighter Aaron Fields, Seattle FD.*
Over 100 Exhibitors On Scene
Some of the recognizable exhibitors will be in attendance and showing you many of what’s out on the market or the services they provide, such as 3M, American LaFrance LLC, Ben Meadows Company, Cintas, Detroit Fire T-Shirts, Dive Rescue International, Emergency Reporting, FEMA Assistance to Firefighters Grant, Fire Engineering, FLIR Systems Inc, Friends of Firefighters, GoLight Inc and many more.
* Recognized NW Firefighter Instructors.
Spartan Chassis, Pierce, Globe, MSA – The Safety Company, Fire Dex and Whelen are just to name a few.
Overall, looks like a great conference.
Check them out also on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/335564513213595/
(c) 2013 The NW Fire Blog