SELAH, Wash. – Wildfire resources were dispatched to a wildfire off of Buffalo Road in Selah (Yakima County), Washington which was reported originally as a 5-10 acres. Crews were dispatched at 1624 hours PDT via the Central Washington Interagency Communications Center.
Incident Command (IC):
- Located on Buffalo Road in a gravel parking lot.
- Unified Command between Yakima County FD and WA DNR.
- Helicopters 339 and 341 are actively working over the fire along with an air tanker and other aircraft.
- Estimated 900 – 1100 acres (as of 1921 hours).
- 0% containment status.
- Rate of Spread is high.
- Fire is burning in Selah.
- Fire photos included in this post are burning 3 miles northwest away from structures. Photo Credit: Midge Thomas.
- Fire has moved up a hillside and over the crest towards Rimrock.
#BuffaloFire #WAwildfire #WAwildfires2018 #YakimaCountyWA
(c) 2018 NW Fire Blog – Updated 1940 hours PDT