JOSEPHINE COUNTY, OREGON
GRAVES CREEK FIRE
Update 1 | August 16, 2020
A five-acre fire is burning off of Forest Service Road 29.1 in the area of Graves Creek in Josephine County, Oregon.
Fire assets and personnel were dispatched on Sunday, August 16, 2020 around 1703 hours PT to the area. Quickly, the first due unit began ordering additional air assets to respond to the scene as fire was beginning to spread into timber.
Air resources include:
- Tanker 60 (out of Newberg)
- Tanker 858 and 893 (returned to Newberg for load and hold at 1751)
- 1 Type 1 and 1 Type 2 helicopters (the Type 2 would eventually get released)
- 2 contract crews
- BLM resources
- Left Flank – western side of fire
- Eastern Flank – heel
- Gel being dropped by SEATs
(c) 2020 NW Fire Blog – Updated 8/16/2020 1750 PT