Published Sunday, July 31, 2022, 0955 hours PT – Newly reported fire
=== INCIDENT SUMMARY ===
The KELSEY CREEK FIRE is burning 1/2 mile southwest of Scott River Road and Kelsey Creek Road, south of Kelsey Creek Trailhead, and located on the southwest end of the MCKINNEY FIRE.
It is burning anything and everything in its path and now towards cabins in the area.
The fire was detected on Saturday, July 30th. Firefighters were able to contain the fire last night but on Sunday, the fire became more active and escaped its containment lines.
It is approximately 10-15 acres with increased fire behavior.
Evacuations are in effect.
=== INCIDENT COOPERATORS ===
CAL FIRE – SISKIYOU UNIT – members are assisting as mutual aid to this incident.
AIRCRAFT – currently arriving on the scene.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES – Additional resources are arriving currently on the scene.
=== EVACUATIONS ARE IN EFFECT ===
EVACUATION MAPPING – https://community.zonehaven.com/?latlon=41.617054743331636,-123.09434240202427&z=11.044494344959247&selected=US-CA-XSK-SIS-2126
AREAS – Evacuations are near Bridge Flat include the following areas:
– All areas South of Forest Route 44n45
– All areas West of Wrights Lake Road
– All areas North of FR 44n45
– All areas South of FR 46n64
– All areas East of FR 45n19, FR 44n04
– All areas West of Scott River Road
– All areas South of Scott River Road and Scott Bar Mountain Lookout Road
– All areas East of Canyon Creek Road
– All areas West of Belgian Lane, Forest Route 43n21
(c) 2022 NW Fire Blog