Did You Know?
California reported 95% of all Wildfires were caused by Humans!
Remember #OneLessSpark by making sure your campfires are completely out (making sure they are cold).
A pair of men were recently convicted of starting a wildfire and having to pay millions of dollars. Don’t be that guy(s).
# # #
- Location: Running Deer Rd & Chimney Rock Rd south of Lake Nacimiento.
- County: San Luis
- Start Date/Cause: 8/13/2016. Unknown cause/under investigation.
- IC/Command: CAL Fire IMT 2.
- Size/Containment: 46,344 acres. 97% containment status.
- Injuries: 1
- Destroyed Structures: 49 homes, 21 others.
- Damaged Structures: 8.
- Evacuations: All orders have been lifted.
- Personnel: 1242.
- Resources/Equipment: 41 engines, 32 crews, 1 copter, 14 dozers and 14 water tenders.
- Fire Status: Firefighters made great progress towards containment of fire.
- Location: 5 Miles East of Glennville, California.
- National Forest: Sequoia.
- Start Date/Cause: 8/16/2016. Unknown.
- Command: Unified with Kern Co FD & Central Coast Team 7.
- Size/Containment: 29,322 acres. 95% containment status.
- Injuries: No reports known.
- Destroyed/Damaged Structures: Unknown.
- Personnel: 1,305 personnel assigned.
- Fire Status: Fire smoldering.
- Location: Seiad Valley, California.
- National Forest: Klamath
- Start Date/Cause: 8/27/2016. Cause unknown.
- IC/Command: Northern CA IMT 2
- Size/Containment: 19,260 acres. 12% contained.
- Evacuations: Ladd Road from Walker Gulch east to Hicks Gulch; Highway 96 between Hamburg and Seiad Valley; Community of Seiad Valley; along the Seiad Creek Road from Highway 96 to Panther Gulch; Hamburg community.
- Personnel: 1,823.
- Fire Status: Increased fire activity. Mandatory & Advisory Evacuations are in effect. Fire crews to continue with structure defense, maintain current containment lines, and scout for opportunities to construct direct / indirect line. Working to contain spot fire on southern edge of fire will be key focus during night ops.
- Location: Soberanes Creek, Garrapata State Park, Palo Colorado/Big Sur, & Ventana Wilderness.
- Start Date/Cause: July 22, 2016. Caused by illegal, unattended campfire on the Soberanes Canyon trail in the Garrapata State Park
- IC/Command: Commanding Alaska IMT
- Size/Containment: 37,194 acres is on Cal Fire – San Benito-Monterey Unit and 56,986 acres is on Los Padres National Forest – Monterey Ranger District for a total of 94,736 acres. 60% containment.
- Personnel: 1,083 assigned to this incident.
- Evacuations: Mandatory evacuations for Coast Ridge Rd. from mile marker 1.5 to Marble Peak at the end of the road. Evacuation warnings for Tassajara Road from Carmel Valley to the Tassajara Hot Springs Zen Center and for a small section of Monterey County along the Pacific Coast Highway. The evacuation area is bounded on the north by Castro Canyon, on the south by the Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, on the east by North Coast Ridge Road and on the west by Highway 1 (Pacific Coast Highway).
- Park Closures: Andrew Molera State Park , Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park and Garrapata State Park.
- Road Closures: Apple Pie Ridge Road and Coast Ridge Road.
- Fire Status: Moderate fire growth.
- Fire Tips: CAL FIRE Tip Line at: (800) 468-4408.
# # #
September is “National Preparedness Month”
# # #
Tip of the Day:
“Don’t Wait. Communicate. Make Your Emergency Plan Today.”
Ready.gov lists great resources to help you start the conversation. https://www.ready.gov/make-a-plan
(c) 2016 The #NWFireBlog