SIT REP 3 | SEPTEMBER 18, 2020
VIRTUAL COMMUNITY MEETING –> SAT, 9/19/2020 1900 (7PM) <– FREMONT-WINEMA NATIONAL FOREST FACEBOOK OR ON RADIO STATION “KPAI 103.1FM” facebook.com, search: Fremont-Winema National Forest
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE WEATHER, EVACUATION UPDATES AND OPERATIONS.
# # #
INCIDENT SUMMARY. The BRITTAIN FIRE is currently burning about 8 miles south of Paisley, Oregon on the Fremont-Winema National being managed by the EA Silver Team, an IMT 2 team.
CAUSE. The fire started on September 7th, 2020, which was human caused. It was discovered late (night) on this date. It was stated to have been one of three wildfires sparked on Monday during exceptional fire danger and while occurring while a fire weather even was in motion.
CURRENT STATUS. 47,243 acres. 44% contained. Thanks to cooler weather and some winds, the smoke has cleared out of the area allowing fire crews to work in impacted areas. They have not been able to see much of the fire area due to heavy smoke.
FIRE BEHAVIOR. Active fire behavior with short crown runs, wind-driven runs and long-range spotting.
RESOURCES. There are 437 total personnel.
EVACUATIONS — > LEVEL 3 < —
- Hwy 31 from Summer Lake Store south to Red House lane (north of Paisley)
- Clover Flat Road from Valley Falls east to Moon Ranch
EVACUATIONS —> LEVEL 2 < —
- All of Paisley
- From Red House Lane continuing south on Hwy 31 to Valley Falls
- Clover Flat Road from Hwy 31 to Murphy Ranch
- Hwy 31 north from Summer Lake Store to Picture Rock Pass
EVACUATIONS — > LEVEL 1 < —
- Valley Falls south on Hwy 395 to Chandler State Park
DAMAGE ASSESSMENTS. 1 structure has been lost. Cost-to-date has reached $4,700,000.
(c) 2020 NW Fire Blog – Updated 9/19/2020 1430 PT