LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. – A new wildfire broke out on Saturday, June 2, 2018 at 1307 hours in Aliso Woods Canyon Park and community of Aliso Viejo.
Fire initially reported as originally destroying 150 acres, prompting deployment of units from around the region.
Video from earlier fire activity. Photo Credit | OCFA PIO
- A local IMT (team 1) was deployed to the fire ground
- Unified Command: OCFA, OCSD, OC Parks, CAL Fire, Laguna Beach FD
- 400+ Firefighters are assigned to this incident
- EOC has been activated
- OCFA DOC is operational
- 5 Helicopters
- 4 Fixed Wing aircraft
- 2 VLATs are pending
- 250 acres have been consumed.
- 0% containment
- 1 Firefighter injury – leg injury. Mild status.
- Laguna Canyon Park and Wood Canyon Regional Park.
- Alisa Viejo: 2141 homes from Pacific Park to Wood Canyon and from Wood Canyon to Laurel Canyon
- Laguna Beach: Top of the World and Old Top of the World
- Suzi Q Center – 380 3rd Street.
- Niguel High School – 28000 Wolverine Way.
(c) 2018 NW Fire Blog