LAKE CHELAN, WASHINGTON
UPDATE 1 – JULY 29, 2018 – 2000 HOURS PDT
A wildfire is burning near 25 Mile State Park on the south shore of Lake Chelan, Washington. It is burning east of the intersection of Hal and South Lakeshore.
Lake Chelan area | Credit-WA DNR
LEVEL 3 EVACUATIONS (LEAVE NOW!) have been issued for the following areas:
- South Lakeshore at milepost 9.5
- West including Hale Road, Shady Pass and 25 Mile State Park
RESOURCES include engines, hand crews aircraft that have or are currently en route to the area.
FIRE SIZE is currently said to be at approximately five acres and growing.
CAUSE is unknown at this time.
INCIDENT COOPERATORS include Chelan County EM, Washington State Patrol, WSDOT, Cle Elum FD and WA DNR fire resources. More are en route.
SOCIAL MEDIA hashtags being used for tracking purposes are #25MileFire and #WAwildfires2018.
(c) 2018 NW Fire Blog
UPDATE as of 2107 – 8/7/2014
CARLTON COMPLEX Wildfires
Fire Incident Summary: 4 fires started originally then became 1 on 7/20/14.
Plume From Cougar Flat Fire Over Liberty Bell ICP [Photo Credit: inciweb]
- Stokes Fire.
- The Gold Hikes Fire.
- The French Creek Fire.
- The Cougar Flat Fire.
Tent City on the South Zone [Photo Credit: inciweb]
- Rising Eagle Rd Fire.
- Little Bridge Fire.
- Upper Falls Fire.
Personnel: 1805 approximately.
DC-10 drops retardant. [Photo Credit: inciweb]
Terrain Conditions: Timber & grass. Steep & Difficult.
- 300 destroyed.
- Critical infrastructure.
Firefighters digging Fire Line on East Zone [Photo Credit: inciweb]
- Level 1: Pearrygin Lk State Park & E Chewuch Rd [Carlton Complex Fire]
- Level 1: Sun Mtn Resort; Pine Forest; Private land along Hwy 21; Twisp River from Elbow Coulee to Forest Boundary.
Drawing water f rom a nearby water source [Photo credit: inciweb]
- United States Forest Service [USFS]
- Washington Department of Natural Resources [WADNR]
- Bureau of Land Management [BLM]
- Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife
- Okanogan Fire Districts #6 & #15
- Okanogan County Sheriffs Office [OCSO]
- Chelan County Fire District
- Chelan Fire Districts #1, #, #4, #6, #8
- Washington State Department of Transportation [WSDOT]
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- American Red Cross [ARC]
- Chelan County Sheriffs Office
- Oknogan County Emergency Office of Operations assisting the towns: Pateros, Brester, Twisp, Malott, Winthrop, Canyon and Methow.
Fire on East Zone on July 21, 2014. [Photo Courtesy: inciweb]
- 5 miles SW of Okanogan, WA
- 7 miles South of Twisp, WA
- 9 miles SW of Omak, WA
Dropping water on the fire [Photo Credit: inciweb]
- Focus on N end of Pearrygin Lk; the Rising Eagle Rd Fire; NW of ski area at Hwy 20 and E of Leecher Loookout
Editor’s Note: Remember, to keep all those in your thoughts and prayers whom are either on the fireground, in the air, in administration, dispatch or somehow involved. We want you all to know we are here supporting you by showing the great progress and tireless efforts you all have been exerting. Please be safe, friends.
(c) 2014 The NW Fire Blog | @nwfireblog.com [Twitter] | email@example.com [Email us with your news tips, happenings of events!] | The NW Fire Blog
We are pleased to announce that the newly appointed Commissioner for Chelan County Fire District 1 is Herb Troxel. Herb will be filling the unexpired term of Commissioner Lester Fritz. He brings 43 years of fire service experience to the District, including Fire Chief at Fire District 2 (Malaga), and continuing his service with Fire District 1 as Volunteer Captain until his retirement. We welcome Herb to the Chelan County Fire District 1 team!
Released May 25, 2012
REPOST (Courtesy of Chelan County Fire Website)