The Blue Cut Fire started on August 16, 2016, around 1036 hours PDT from an unknown cause. Fire Investigators are asking for the Public’s assistance in locating the cause. If you have Tips on how this Wildfire was started, please contact them at 1-800-49-ARSON.
The wildfire is located off of I-15 and Hwy 138, just North of San Bernardino, California. It originally started on Cajon Pass along Old Cajon Boulevard, North of Kenwood Avenue and is West of I-15.
The fire has consumed 37,020 acres of heavy brush. Fire crews have reached a 40% containment status.
Currently, there is a CAL IMT 4 team managing the fire and is considered still in Unified with the following agencies: USFS, CAL Fire, San Bernardino County Fire & Sheriff Office and the CA Highway Patrol.
Agencies that have come together are called Incident Cooperators which are the following:
American Red Cross, BLM, Apple Valley Fire Protection District, BLM, Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) RR, CAL Fire – Inyo-Monyo-San Bernardino Unit, CA Conservation Corps, CA Dept of Corrections, CAL Trans (DOT), CA Highway Patrol, CA Office of Emergency Services (OES), Kinder Morgan Gas, San Bernardino County Animal Control, San Bernardino FD, San Bernardino County OES, SoCAGas, Union Pacific RR.
The following are assigned to this fire.
- 2684 – Fire Personnel
- 275 – Engines
- 47 – Crews
- 32 – Bulldozers
- 26 – Water tenders
- 10 – Air tankers
- 2 – Very Large Air Tankers (VLATs)
- 14 – Helicopters including Night Flight Copters and Air Attack (AA)
DAMAGE ASSESSMENT – Preliminary Report
A preliminary report has been received by Fire Managers and the following have been tallied so far:
- 213 – Outbuildings destroyed
- 96 – Single family residences (SFR)
People & Pets
- San Bernardino County Shelter Operations Compound -County Fairgrounds in Victorville.
- Jessie Turner Community Center Shelter.
- Apple Valley Animal Shelter, 22131 Powhatan Road, Apple Valley, CA 92308
- San Bernardino County Fairgrounds, 14800 7th Street, Victorville, CA 92395
Small & Large Animals
- Devore Animal Shelter, 19777 Shelter Valley, San Bernardino, CA.
(800)472-5609 or (909)386-9820
- All forest roads, trails and facilities within or leading into the fire area are closed.
- Closed for the rest of the Week
Hesperia U.S.D. & Snowline U.S.D.
- Highway 138 is closed from Interstate 15 to the Los Angeles County Line.
- State Route 2 closed from LA County Line to the 138.
- Old Cajon Blvd north of Devore.
- Lytle Creek Road at Glen Helen Parkway.
- Lone Pine Canyon Road from East Canyon Drive through Highway 138.
- Swarthout Canyon Road to Cajon Boulevard.
Be Cautious in Areas
- I-15 North and Southbound is open through the Cajon Pass. Please exercise extreme caution as crews an equipment are still working along the road.
#BlueCutFire #CaWILDFIRE #NWFireBlogCA
Twitter – @nwfirebolg
Facebook Pages – 2016 CA Wildfires – The NW Fire Blog
(c) The #NWFireBlog